1969 Super Lead and PS100

I've called and emailed him about once or twice a year for three years, each time I get serious about doing the next build. No response. I did get him when I did my first build and that amp gets rave compliments every time I take it out. But I can't reach the guy to buy more for the next build.

And that is why I am shopping for a 1987X or SL67 to run with my PS2. I need that tone!
I 'd say go for the SUHR or check out the new Landry Lexi plexi style amp, I think it's modern take on the plexi and has a master volume control that is not a PPIMV, probably a JCM style of Jose master, I don't know what style of master Bill Landry uses in his G-3 amps but I suspect those two more than likely.

I still can't get Chris Merren to respond to my emails or voicemails. ClassicTone is gone, Mercury's prices are stupid. I've checked with a few others. I've heard from some good sources that Hammonds will get it done. I have one in my '79 2203 (blew PT a while back). I can't hear a difference. I want to do a new build and may go with Hammond.
I'd go with Heyboer if I were you. I think they are a better transformer than what the classic tones were, I heard classic tone under priced their competition to the point where they weren't profitable and shot themselves in the foot because their margins were so thin, all that was said in a interview with Dave Friedman so there must be some validity to it.

Back