1U Rack FX only unit

cliffc8488

Demand for FX only rack units is insufficient to warrant development. Personally I prefer rack units but everything seems to be going pedals.

japetus

When we getting a 1U rack fx only unit?
It's gotten to the point that pedals are so damn expensive, that I can see people going back to rack FX. I don't even use that many pedals, but just from the ones I have demo'd in the past 2 years...it would cost me over $1500 to get the pedals I really wanted, and I don't use amps/cab sims ever. If I could get away with 1 rack unit and a controller that would be great.

mnemonic

It's gotten to the point that pedals are so damn expensive, that I can see people going back to rack FX. I don't even use that many pedals, but just from the ones I have demo'd in the past 2 years...it would cost me over $1500 to get the pedals I really wanted, and I don't use amps/cab sims ever. If I could get away with 1 rack unit and a controller that would be great.
I did some calculations on this myself maybe 5 years ago or so. I got an axe FX out of necessity years ago since I was living in an apartment, but when I got a house I started collecting tube amps. I use the axe FX in the loop for effects (sometimes also 4cm).

I thought about selling the axe FX and just going with pedals but I would have saved maybe $100, and also given myself the headache of no presets, much more limited routing, etc. Glad I just kept the axe FX, as I did get back into using the models as well.

But even when I wasn’t using the models, i think it’s a good deal for just the effects it has. I don’t think I could give up just the flexibility of EQ’s it has.

Spaceboy

Throw my name in the hat... the first company to give me a good 1u rack unit with modern features like computer editor, analog dry, maybe even a relay for channel changing, will win me over. I'll buy three of them, one for each rig! I thought there were rumors that FAS was working on something like this at some point. Bummer to see it's not happening.