2017 NAMM new product / rumor thread... Too soon?

lowmantotempole":18p6y38b said:
gtr31":18p6y38b said:
Rezamatix":18p6y38b said:
3 new Diezel amps.
New friedman stuff is gonna be bananas...

Intrested to see the Diezel stuff only know about the Vh2
Was hoping for smaller 25/30 watt but Peter said that will be later
I know Synergy has a vh4 module for their systems

Any specs on the VH2?

Ch1 and Ch3 of the VH4
100 watt
2 channels
2 masters
Loop
Depth
Presence

dirtyfunkg":3hqplgs5 said:
yngzaklynch":3hqplgs5 said:
hopkinWFG":3hqplgs5 said:
Any news on the Fryette sig X new revision ?
Whats wrong withbthe original design?

There's just been a rumor that there's going to be a different revision/variation on the Sig X.

Yeah.... i would wait for the new Sig X revision... hopefully they quell the white noise on the clean channel... no idea if it happens to all Sig X but i notices it when the last time i tested out....

hopkinWFG":lpjgmbjk said:
dirtyfunkg":lpjgmbjk said:
yngzaklynch":lpjgmbjk said:
hopkinWFG":lpjgmbjk said:

There's just been a rumor that there's going to be a different revision/variation on the Sig X.

Yeah.... i would wait for the new Sig X revision... hopefully they quell the white noise on the clean channel... no idea if it happens to all Sig X but i notices it when the last time i tested out....

The Sig X is indefinitely out of production. There has been some talk about bringing it back.

The differences of the revision was going to be.... replacing the Spank voicing on the clean channel with a very different sound. Being able to use KT88 / 6L6 / EL34

Friedman needs to do some tube based preamp pedals in my opinion. What happened to the one that was supposed to come out the same time as the BE OD?

Kapo_Polenton":wa3xaeoe said:
Friedman needs to do some tube based preamp pedals in my opinion. What happened to the one that was supposed to come out the same time as the BE OD?
Yeah I was really looking forward to those

stephen sawall":19wgjr9k said:
hopkinWFG":19wgjr9k said:
dirtyfunkg":19wgjr9k said:
yngzaklynch":19wgjr9k said:
hopkinWFG":19wgjr9k said:

The Sig X is indefinitely out of production. There has been some talk about bringing it back.

The differences of the revision was going to be.... replacing the Spank voicing on the clean channel with a very different sound. Being able to use KT88 / 6L6 / EL34

Cool !!

Several weeks ago on the Marshall forum, someone posted then deleted a blurry photo of a prototype Marshall "Super 800" amp. Not sure how legit that was but interesting that it was taken down.

neilli":3d2nkcvm said:
I suspect we'll see a purpleburst and blueburst Jake E Lee from Charvel..

I did the meet/greet with Jake in July 2015 and he mentioned that they were doing a Blueburst. I told him that I preferred the Purpleburst and they should do that one and he said maybe we will do both. Who knows. I'd love a purpleburst though!

Rezamatix":2581vkia said:
Also. something VERY special happening with the Two Notes Engineering crew...gonna be a major game changer.
You've got us interested ... let's hear some more. Not a huge fan of their cab IR technology at the moment so let's see if they can beat out the Suhr which is probably the closest to the real deal right now.

I am just curious on the 3 Deizels .

I am wondering if perhaps a Zerrer amp with tube power amp .I know Peter mentioned on the boards a BIG project but it would remain secret until it works like we want it too

Hey, I am always interested in doing things easier as one can definitely not mix amps and move sound as conveniently as one can with IRs. I found the two notes demos to soften the top end more than the sure and it compresses a bit more. I feel this is just the design of their load. It is getting closer though. In a mix I can't really tell but back to back I can. Also another difference is that there are more nuances captured by the real deal. I would like to try my hand at my own impulses next . Experimented this past weekend sending the line out from the suhr line out box through my gap pre and they were the best results I have gotten so far. I was using ownhammer IRs.

Anyway I hear it in your demos as well... much prefer the real mic to the ones you do going through it with the two notes. I would be interested hearing whether or not you hear a diff using IR's without the two notes. Let it go straight to speaker but pull the line out into wall of sound and see if you hear what I hear on the top end. If the canadian dollar weren't so shit, I would grab a reactive load to compare. If I were to guess, two notes will come out with a reactive load that will allow you to select impedence curve for v30 and other common speaker cabs as well as the size of the cab. This would give you as close a match as possible for whichever speaker and cab you use. As for clips, I have posted a few in the past. Quick bits, but they are there. Dig around. Some sound pretty good. Again though it isn't about that, it is about mics still being better and two notes softening the top end too much to my liking. They will probably improve the technology as they go.... should be interesting

Rezamatix":38c9i06w said:
Kapo_Polenton":38c9i06w said:
Rezamatix":38c9i06w said:
Also. something VERY special happening with the Two Notes Engineering crew...gonna be a major game changer.
You've got us interested ... let's hear some more. Not a huge fan of their cab IR technology at the moment so let's see if they can beat out the Suhr which is probably the closest to the real deal right now.

lol Two notes destroys the Suhr. you least of all people should care about this seeing as to how you only talk about micing amps and put down their tech (just like you did above)

(I have yet to hear one of your mic'd audio clips btw) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ps- nobody likes a bully ... you might be able to learn a thing or two on mic placement if you did it a bit more anyway. The thorpy demo sounded like a DS-1. Better placement would have yielded better results...

Rezamatix":8gjird1v said:

Very, very interested in this one! Looking forward to it!

Back