28 states

looks like we're all enjoying the decline.

:D

usually carry 9mm; sometimes just a 380; depends where I'm going. the 10mm is tough to conceal. So is the S&W 500 Mag:

View attachment 295940
I have 5.56 NATO as well, but I prefer long range shooting, and want to get a more modern round for that, liking 300 PRC, been waiting for the 277 Fury but gave up on that. Long range now is 7.62 NATO or 50 BMG.

Bought too much music gear in the last year, so the Barrett MRAD in 300 PRC will be awhile. :yes:
If you spend some time with that 7.62 it will likely make you a better shooter, 308's (especially AR10's with rotating bolts) force me to stay on my fundamentals more than some of the more modern rounds. I can get lazy fast shooting my buddies 6mm Dasher, it almost seems like cheating to a 308 guy.

Reactions: rsm
I was at the range last Saturday doing drills with a couple buddies and was getting consistent hits on IDPA steel silouhettes at 60 and 75 yards. With a VP9SK and a Masada Slim.

Dude, you need a dot. I prefer Holosun 507GRs.
Nice!
I love red dots on pistols too, all I have so far have been a Delta-Point Leupold and a Max Michelle Sig, but they have both been solid with zero issues. The Sig MM has a huge window on it. We ran it on an SBR/AR with a Scalarworks riser on a drill day, It was almost too good to take it off.
The Scalarworks stuff is some of the best Ive seen yet. Its pricey but you'll never have to worry about it, the level of precision in their stuff is off the charts.

My nephew called me last night over a psycho they had to deal with. He’s a deputy btw. They got a 911 call on this guy and when they showed up he is standing there holding a knife to his own throat. He runs and tries to break into other people’s houses. They tazed him multiple times with no effect. Finally they shoot him with bean bag rounds (which are brutal) about three total. No effect. He throws himself through a window in this elderly couple’s house and winds up sitting in a chair upstairs with some sewing shears and proceeds to open his throat up. My nephew couldn’t do anything but watch till more people got there. He pulled about everything out…. Said you could see his spine. Blood loss caused dude to collapse and he cuffed him up. Of course the dude lived. Said he won’t be able to speak but he’s alive. Moral of the story- you never know who or what you’re dealing with. That’s why I carry a 10mm auto. If it will kill a polar bear-I think it will kill a meth fueled fetty zombie….
Mine’s a Glock .40, very similar ammo but never had to use it for defense.
I worry about my adult daughter who has moved into a house alone in a less than desirable part of the city. She has a taser and recently bought a 9mm from a pawn shop…you can imagine. I had her bring it to my place for a tryout and sure enough it fired one round and jammed (semi auto). I have to de-educate her gun “lessons” from gangsta movies…make sure it works and NEVER carry it around with one in the chamber, which she did when she brought it over. She finally got a good M&P that works well, but I worry about her constantly.

Nice!
I love red dots on pistols too, all I have so far have been a Delta-Point Leupold and a Max Michelle Sig, but they have both been solid with zero issues. The Sig MM has a huge window on it. We ran it on an SBR/AR with a Scalarworks riser on a drill day, It was almost too good to take it off.
The Scalarworks stuff is some of the best Ive seen yet. Its pricey but you'll never have to worry about it, the level of precision in their stuff is off the charts.
DPP is a fantastic dot. The Sig stuff is all made by Holosun and is great too. I've put a few Romeo 5s through sheer hell and never had them fail.

Yeah, same for me. I think if you start out with them your fine but Im too used to a 1911 grip angle to change now. All my Sigs, Smith/Wesson MP's have a 1911 angle.
I fondled a Sticatto 2011 today at a local shop, it felt very very nice, but its over my price range. But DAM it was nice!

I wanted to love Glocks. I went specifically to buy one. I couldn't get past the grip angle. None of them felt right to me.
That’s my only complaint with Glock, and it’s “dicey” trying to get both hands on it. More than once I’ve had the slide catch my supporting hand.
I’ve been looking for a good wheel gun for years but haven’t found it yet.

I told my buddy about that Sticatto and he went up and got it! He's already got a dot on it!
th.jpeg

Rat bastard! :LOL: :LOL:
I guess at least I'll get to run it and drool all over it when he's not running it!

That’s my only complaint with Glock, and it’s “dicey” trying to get both hands on it. More than once I’ve had the slide catch my supporting hand.
I shot pistols quite a bit before a buddy showed me I was gripping the dam things wrong and it was affecting everything I was trying to do. Once I trained with proper grip for a bit everything came together, shot placement was much improved, but it was tough to break the bad habits I had been using. Been running that grip for several years now so its second nature, but I had no idea it would make that much difference. Maybe take a look??
Just throwing that out there, if you are already using that method, the only thing that might snag on the slide would be the tip of your support hand thumb, and it would rarely happen if you train with it. Also, it works on any semi auto with a slide, so it dosent matter which one you are using.
Not trying to be a know it all, it sure made a huge difference for me.
I'll try to find a vid on it, I'm sure there's one out there

Yep
I can tell you Floyd Eye is a legit shooter based on his post's and Ive never met him... :D
The gun world is not any different from the motocross world, you learn to spot bullshit from a mile away ;)
Same. It's evident in his posts. I used to be more into it but I ain't got the big money so I thinned it all down and only kept what I needed, rather than what I wanted. I miss the Para FAL the most, but it was a little pricey to shoot regularly on my budget. Those things are like the thunder of God....20 shots of 7.62x51 YEAH BABY. Look up a drake shoot and get back to me. Right through the tree son....

Details ? Caliber, Length, intended purpose, other requirements. Lots of great revolvers out there. I have a few.

Back