20211031_212049.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 77
  • 20211031_212034.jpg
    20211031_212034.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 68
  • 20211031_212206.jpg
    20211031_212206.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 72
When a song like that comes on the radio, I switch it immediately, never heard it before either. Super cool that they played at the hotel though, one of our former members is good friends with Lloyd the bartender. Check this out when you can.

220px-Room_237_2012_film.jpg

I don't usually get into the "tone" debate, as it's so subjective.. But, I'll take this 311 song over all the downtuned 7 and 8 string "chugga, chugga" crap any day of the week. Don't get me wrong, I think it has it place. Just not with me.
Eb and drop D tuning for me. Six string bass BEADGB(C) is a blast!

I like Tim's ability to play Santana like cleans one second and then over saturated grungy/doomy metal riffs next and back to Santana like butter. To each to their own :)

Would you mind sharing some of your work for critique? Have you been in a mix, mister music critic? 😉

I just posted some of mine over in the clips selection. I await your feedback, expectantly! 🥴
You should be a discernible listener, always. Say what you think, and mean what you say. I may be over-the-top with my critiquing, but, it doesn't mean that I am wrong. My opinions, nothing more.

I listened to your song... I like it! It's not how I would have recorded it, but I do like it. It's got a very 90's vibe to it. A great era for original music, IMO.

Have you ever been in a mix? If you mean, have I ever recorded? Sure. That's all I do. I posted the intro to an original, but I won't post more. I shouldn't have posted what I did, as it is part of a larger archive. Theft is rampant in this industry... I knew this before posting, so I suppose I did it out of vanity.

I primarily compose what most would consider "theme" music. Instrumental music mainly, though I have a small library of lyrics w/o correlating melody. Most of what I write ends-up sounding like a harder version of Pink Floyd, which is not what I'm going for... It just comes-out that way. I'd rather construct a more aggressive form of rock. I guess it's not in my DNA. David Gilmour was a huge influence, but then so was Michael Schenker. Why can't I write stuff like that? Whatever... I don't write or play much these days.

btw... My old Zinky Mofo was one of my favorite recording amps.

You should be a discernible listener, always. Say what you think, and mean what you say. I may be over-the-top with my critiquing, but, it doesn't mean that I am wrong. My opinions, nothing more.

I listened to your song... I like it! It's not how I would have recorded it, but I do like it. It's got a very 90's vibe to it. A great era for original music, IMO.

Have you ever been in a mix? If you mean, have I ever recorded? Sure. That's all I do. I posted the intro to an original, but I won't post more. I shouldn't have posted what I did, as it is part of a larger archive. Theft is rampant in this industry... I knew this before posting, so I suppose I did it out of vanity.

I primarily compose what most would consider "theme" music. Instrumental music mainly, though I have a small library of lyrics w/o correlating melody. Most of what I write ends-up sounding like a harder version of Pink Floyd, which is not what I'm going for... It just comes-out that way. I'd rather construct a more aggressive form of rock. I guess it's not in my DNA. David Gilmour was a huge influence, but then so was Michael Schenker. Why can't I write stuff like that? Whatever... I don't write or play much these days.

Way to be manly and have some introductory back and forth, bro. <3

We need more of this in the world.

I was lightly jabbing with lyrics from 311's Transistor. miT (Tim Mahoney) played Mesa Rectifiers/Cabs with a PRS and a JB bridge for most of the 90's, and their live shows were and still are tonefests. Take this track, for example, and crank it! Good vibes, tone appropriate for the song. Nice reggae dub tone at the end too.

As far as my track, that was a pre-production demo. I agree, could have gone much further! Ron Saint Germain was talking to me about mixing our stuff when that was made, and the guys in my band fired our drummer and blew it all up. He mixed and engineered Down, and several 311 records, btw.

311 would have had 30 years straight on the road with the same lineup last year had it not been for COVID, which is a phenomenal achievement. miT is a stoner and tonehound worthy of RT and this is an example from their latest album, "Voyager:"

ZINKY CREW! AAAH! Okay. What serial number? Did you have the dynamics mods/clean headroom? Switch covers? Why did you sell it???

I had number 20 and now have number 42. 🤌

ZINKY CREW! AAAH! Okay. What serial number? Did you have the dynamics mods/clean headroom? Switch covers? Why did you sell it???

I had number 20 and now have number 42. 🤌
No switch covers, no mods (that I know of) and no effects loop. It was signed by Bruce. I think it was #28, maybe? I also had a 2x12 Zinky cabinet. I was running the same wafer bottom tubes that came in the early SLO 100 head. This was like 14 years ago.

Way to be manly and have some introductory back and forth, bro. <3

We need more of this in the world.

I was lightly jabbing with lyrics from 311's Transistor. miT (Tim Mahoney) played Mesa Rectifiers/Cabs with a PRS and a JB bridge for most of the 90's, and their live shows were and still are tonefests. Take this track, for example, and crank it! Good vibes, tone appropriate for the song. Nice reggae dub tone at the end too.

As far as my track, that was a pre-production demo. I agree, could have gone much further! Ron Saint Germain was talking to me about mixing our stuff when that was made, and the guys in my band fired our drummer and blew it all up. He mixed and engineered Down, and several 311 records, btw.

311 would have had 30 years straight on the road with the same lineup last year had it not been for COVID, which is a phenomenal achievement. miT is a stoner and tonehound worthy of RT and this is an example from their latest album, "Voyager:"

The 90's was (IMO) a slight return to the 1970's. The return of song oriented acid rock, and beyond. I didn't listen to 311 much, but there were a lot of unlikely favorites. Soundgarden's Louder Than Love and Helmet's Meantime were in heavy rotation. For coming down, I favored bands like The Sundays, Bob Marley and The Smiths. 90's arithmetic... Trip + Roll = Troll. ;)

The 90's was (IMO) a slight return to the 1970's. The return of song oriented acid rock, and beyond. I didn't listen to 311 much, but there were a lot of unlikely favorites. Soundgarden's Louder Than Love and Helmet's Meantime were in heavy rotation. For coming down, I favored bands like The Sundays, Bob Marley and The Smiths. 90's arithmetic... Trip + Roll = Troll. ;)

Ah, candy flipping. Yep. Early 90's!

Back