4 channel TRS snake convert to TS??

veets987

What is the proper way for me to rewire a 4 channel TRS snake to make it TS? I want to replace the TRS connectors and put on TS so i can use if for a guitar signal. I originally bought it to use with a G-System but I think im going to sell the G and just go with the M13 and i dont think the M13 will work well with a balanced snake coming out and going into the Renegade.... Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated! Thanks!

I'm actually doing this right now for an FX loop snake. Some folks even use AES digital audio snakes with excellent results (lower capacitance).

Do you think i will end up with any loop noise issues/noise doing this or should it be just as quiet as a typical TS/guitar cable?

Some would argue that this could be susceptible to noise. But I can tell you that I have made a mulipair snake from regular touring mic snake and neutrik mono 1/4 connectors and it works quite well. (I would imagine the quality of the snake you use will make a difference too.....use good stuff) I think you will find that the longer the run, the more the tone is compromised, so try to keep you length reasonable.

Another question, Can I use the existing TRS connectors and just wire them as TS (unbalanced)? Will that cause issues or should i actually replace the TRS with TS connectors? I have TS connectors laying around but was just wondering if i could save myself the hassel of completely resoldering new connectors on.

veets987":2613g5d6 said:
Another question, Can I use the existing TRS connectors and just wire them as TS (unbalanced)? Will that cause issues or should i actually replace the TRS with TS connectors? I have TS connectors laying around but was just wondering if i could save myself the hassel of completely resoldering new connectors on.

Yes, you can use a TRS as a TS connector. ;)

veets987":1evo8ira said:
What is the proper way for me to rewire a 4 channel TRS snake to make it TS? I want to replace the TRS connectors and put on TS so i can use if for a guitar signal. I originally bought it to use with a G-System but I think im going to sell the G and just go with the M13 and i dont think the M13 will work well with a balanced snake coming out and going into the Renegade.... Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated! Thanks!

Awesome thanks for the reply. I thought i could but I just wasnt sure if i would end up with alot of noise/ground issue or if it would mess anything up with having the ring connector there..

Back