6505+ Screen Grid resistor

flanksteak

Hi!
I believe I have a problem with the screen grid resistors in my 6505+ based on a couple posts I've read including this one.

Found this post helpful with a few more details and hearing suggestions about where to buy the part. I'm still having trouble locating the correct part on any site mentioned there. Is anyone familiar with screen grid resistors, key terms to search for to find one for purchase, and any relevant specifics on what characteristics it should have if its going in a Peavey 6505+?

Many thanks in advance

Those will work. Choose the default 100 ohm value. Resistors have no polarity so you cannot install it wrong. Do them one at a time. The board isn’t too hard to remove. Make sure the amp is unplugged and caps drained.

Thank you for the replies! I was under the impression the part in question was seen in the picture of that second linked post... the sockets you'd insert a tube into. Sounds like there are multiple of these resistors in the amp. How do I use a multimeter to test and find the one gone bad?

Thank you for the replies! I was under the impression the part in question was seen in the picture of that second linked post... the sockets you'd insert a tube into. Sounds like there are multiple of these resistors in the amp. How do I use a multimeter to test and find the one gone bad?
They’re all on that same board that the sockets exist and are mounted to,

Don’t bother, just change them all. Solder them well but don’t lift a trace by getting it too hot or messing with it a lot.

Back