72 Marshall Cab FS/FT

ErikT

UPDATE: Interested in a trade for a maple neck/ebony fingerboard LPC or Plain top R8.

So I've decided to part with this beastly gear as I'm, once again, going digital for the time being, mostly just jamming the Nolly Plugin. Plus there's a killer vintage LPC for sale by me. :)

The cab has two original Pulsonic (102/3 cones) Greenbacks and two (R|C cone) Creambacks from 74. I'm assuming their Creambacks with those cones and that year, the magnet cover are gone on those. A little damage to the tolex (mostly on the back rear and bottom) and a tear in the grill cloth with a stain on the bottom right. Missing the back corner protectors but you can get those for around $15. Comes with 4 casters and slip cover (possibly original?). It's currently wired for 4 ohms. This is pickup only, I'm in NYC and willing to drive a little bit for a sale. $2500.

Pics here:

JCM 800 SOLD!

Last edited:
So I've decided to part with this beastly gear as I'm, once again, going digital for the time being, mostly just jamming the Nolly Plugin. Plus there's a killer vintage LPC for sale by me. :)

The cab has two original Pulsonic (102/3 cones) Greenbacks and two (R|C cone) Creambacks from 74. I'm assuming their Creambacks with those cones and that year, the magnet cover are gone on those. A little damage to the tolex (mostly on the back rear and bottom) and a tear in the grill cloth with a stain on the bottom right. Missing the back corner protectors but you can get those for around $15. Comes with 4 casters and slip cover (possibly original?). It's currently wired for 4 ohms. This is pickup only, I'm in NYC and willing to drive a little bit for a sale. $3600.

Pics here:

The 800 is 100 watts and was modded by Bruce Egnater in '98. High input is the mod and Low input is like a stock 800 (what would be the stock High input). There's a tube driven effects loop, a 100/50 watt power switch, a mid (normal/cut/boost) switch and Brightness switch (off/on). Currently loaded with KT77's and just had a cap job done. Got a few clips down below at loud apartment volume and LOUD volume (just the 800 for that). Comes with road case, or can ship it without for $150 less. $3600 shipped with case, $3450 without.

800 Pics here (Imgur spazzed out:)
https://reverb.com/item/40913429-egnater-modded-marshall-jcm-800-2203-1981

Sounds awesome

Agreed. 72 wouldn’t have corner protectors. Not shitting on your sale. It’s still an old Marshall cab which is cool.
They did just start putting corner protectors on in late '72. My 72 does not have them; but they were removed since the very small holes are there on the corners. All 4 of my 102/3 cones date to 11/72.

They did just start putting corner protectors on in late '72. My 72 does not have them; but they were removed since the very small holes are there on the corners. All 4 of my 102/3 cones date to 11/72.
Yeah, I was just going off mine which I just sold. I’m no expert for sure. 😁

Yeah, I was just going off mine which I just sold. I’m no expert for sure. 😁
They are killer cabs...when I got mine last summer (1400 shipped) I pulled the back off to make sure it was legit; all the cone codes were matching Pulsonics..but I was confused about the lack of corner protectors yet small holes were there. Read that the late 72s started getting them, and the owner must've removed them.
There is something special about those Pulsonics...no doubt.

Back