80’s Lush Warm Cleans?

Too bright, scooped, and too ice pick.

25W Greenbacks are what I have to work with.
my mojave coyote kicked my bf modded silverface deluxe to the curb for the reasons you state.
the carol an OD2r loaded with 6V6s was even better cleans.

Strat-ce2w-mark III clean ch; Strymon timeline in the loop.

There are more authentic delay platforms, but that's the one I have & it works.

this was my first time demoing a Rick Toone 67 strat with his new proprietary trem system. gtr played great but i’m not a dimarzio guy so the tone was too bright for my taste.

we hooked it up into a blue stripe mark III set clean through my friend’s wdw monster rig!

Too bright, scooped, and too ice pick.

25W Greenbacks are what I have to work with.
I'm not a big fan of fender cleans either. Have you checked out the cleans on the Orange amps yet? The cleans in this video are probably my favorite, and personally define what a "good clean" is for me. Not sure if it'll work for you, but I think it addresses your complaints.

Only the 30W version of that amp is made now, but the schematic is out there for the 30W if you wanted to build your own 100W version. Though I haven't really found a demo of the 30W that sounded as good to me as the 100W, so YMMV.

This video has everything you need about 80's clean tones. It is an add for the plugs, but the plugs sound amazing for 80's clean.

I'm not a big fan of fender cleans either. Have you checked out the cleans on the Orange amps yet? The cleans in this video are probably my favorite, and personally define what a "good clean" is for me. Not sure if it'll work for you, but I think it addresses your complaints.

Only the 30W version of that amp is made now, but the schematic is out there for the 30W if you wanted to build your own 100W version. Though I haven't really found a demo of the 30W that sounded as good to me as the 100W, so YMMV.

beautiful.
my friend who led worship in our church band used an ad-30 half stack with v30s in the cab. i sold him a japanese fotoflame strat with lindy fralin vintage hots and callaham hardware. killer tone.

Back