A BITTERSWEET REUNION

BRENTrocks

I bought this guitar about 10 years ago from a very awesome guy and very talented builder who lived in Flint, Michigan.....Ron Luczak. Ron had his own line of guitars that he developed and built, but he was also known for his amazing vintage Gibson replicas. This Burst replica was Ron's personal guitar. He was building a Burst replica for me back then, but he ran into some problems in his spray booth and or finish problems....so he offered his personal Burst replica to me because it was taking so long. Back then, my tastes in guitars was a total 180 from what it is now...so i sold it to a fella in Detroit. That guy sold it to a fella in Grand Haven, MI 4 years ago.....I bought it back from that guy a couple days ago!

I say its a bittersweet reunion because I was going to reach out to Ron to see if he wanted his personal 59 build back.....come to find out, he passed away July 31 2021.

I couldn't believe it! I had just bought a korina husk from him back in May, but we hadn't spoke since. Ron was the coolest cat you could know. Very mellow, mild mannered and a great guitar builder!

I am so honored to have one of his awesome builds back in my collection...every time I play it i will be reminded of that cool, lil skinny dude from Flint.

RIP Ron.

IMG_9065 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9066 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9067 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9068 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9069 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9072 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9101 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9073 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9102 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9103 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9104 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9105 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9106 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9107 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_9108 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

Everything in this story has real heart.
Tho it has sadness,the best is having something tangible to remember him by.
A real work of art that I hope you document for when it is passed to the next curator.
Consider writing this story on paper and putting it in the case.
The story should live on. Don't let it die with you.

Back