A dream come true: 1972 Fender Strat ala Joe Holmes

Yeah, it's a flatter compound radius now

I prefer the compound radius.
I find Fender 7.25 too narrow.
The one i have now is 9.5 and not bad.
12 inch radius on a Fender seems almost too flat.
I can make anything work its all just personal preference.

Last edited:
Here are a few more pics :D

P1030352.jpg
P1030340.jpg

P1030345.jpg

P1030349.jpg

P1030361.jpg

P1030359.jpg

So fucking awesome!! What's the details on the new album - I haven't heard about this! Is it more Farmikos? (which I fucking loved and should be getting way more recognition in my opinion)
I'm not sure, but it'll be awesome either way. There are a few posts about it in the Joe Holmes Fan Group on Facebook.

Everything about that post is awesome. Tone, playing, guitar. A++. Interesting to me how much the low mids are prominent on that Jose. Sounds super fat with that guitar. Just menacing.

Everything about that post is awesome. Tone, playing, guitar. A++. Interesting to me how much the low mids are prominent on that Jose. Sounds super fat with that guitar. Just menacing.
Thank you!
That Jose is really fat and the PCM adds even more bass and top-end haha

Get you some Big Brass for the Floyd.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311895012366?epid=17011371464&hash=item489e64340e:g:KFEAAOSw3ZhboCYY
Be sure to order the same length that your original Floyd has IE : 32mm or 37mm ect. Should be marked on the block.
I had an extra FR string retainer. After seeing your photos i installed it on my 60's Stratocaster.
Huge improvement in tuning stability. Thanks Bro.

Great stuff Eddy, so cool you got your Strat back so quickly. After your video I had to pull out my JH inspired Strat build and jammed all day, Ha !

Fender could learn a lot from that natural relic job VS some of the custom shop ones I have seen recently, really great guitar and tone!

Fender could learn a lot from that natural relic job VS some of the custom shop ones I have seen recently, really great guitar and tone!
Thanks!
Yeah, I think the relics are getting a bit crazy, although I still prefer them over a mint guitar haha...

Early 70’s, so I’d guess around 8-8.5 with the Floyd.

Later 70’s were stupid heavy.
Later 70’s should only be heavier if they’re ash instead of alder, I’m curious to know what his ‘72 actually weighs, I’d bet a ‘79 alder body wouldn’t weigh significantly more than his ‘72.

Back