Advice on Pedals

Corius

Hi,

First post as a new owner of a Tweaker 15 Head :)

I've moved from a Fender Blues Junior and love the versatility and tone of the Tweaker. One thing I did like about the BJr was the fat sound and reverb. What pedals would you suggest with Tweaker to hep get this sound?

Thanks for any and all help, and as you can guess, I'm fairly new to all of this.

Which pedal is best is like asking which flavor of ice cream is the best. One player's tonal nirvana is another's non-polishable turd. YMMV.

I myself have the Tweaker 40 combo. I use the ElectroHarmonix Holy Grail Nano for 'verb. Does a decent spring reverb simulation, a very nice Hall 'verb & of course the EH exclusive "flerb" (flanged reverb). THe TC Electronic Hall of Fame reverb is another great 'verb pedal. Regardless, the nice thing about the Tweaker FX loop is that it is "long tailed" - if you have 'verb/echo going & you kill the FX loop via footswitch, the signal into the verb/delay stops, but any remaining verb/echo trail from just prior to killing the loop continues to ring out normally.

I find that the Xotic EP Booster placed in front of the amp works wonderfully w/ the Tweaker to fatten up your tone or to simply make the amp "go to 11".

Hi jwebb,

Thanks, for the help! The problem with being new to something is that you don't know what you don't know, so it's good to get experienced advice.

Are you playing through a different speaker cab than the JR? That will have an impact on the your sound too. To help get a "fat" sound use the "modern" setting. It boost the lows and highs in the power section of the amp.

As far as pedals, a good clean boost like the EP Booster, overdrive pedal (Tubescreamer type), Delay pedal in the loop like one of the Boss DD and your ready to do just about anything.

Hi,

I'm playing through the BJr speaker.

I've actually changed direction a bit and bought a TC Electronic G-Major 2 rack effects unit.

Thanks again for the help.

The simplest route would be a boost pedal and a reverb pedal. Don't know much about reverb pedals, but I use a Fulltone Fatboost 3 with my rebel 30 and it's amazing. It's got the word 'fat' right in it! LOL. But seriously, they are awesome pedals.

Back