Aggressive Bogner 20th Anniversary Shiva!?

They are great amps, but I didn't get the cut, aggression, presence out of the one I had either.
Thanks Metal Head Mike!
KT88s?

Had you tried an EQ or boost?

I could either keep my Shiva as my classic rock, alt rock and grunge amp which it excells at....
Or, sell/trade for something else.
I would look at the PRS Archon, Solano SLO30, Orange Rockerverb 100, Marshall Kerry King or Satriani or modded Marshall, Friedman, Custom Audio/Suhr, Rivera KH, Bogner Uber, Engl, or Diezel Einstein, D-Mol or VH2. :)

Unkle Mo,

What's a MIC amp? I thought the Archon was made in the USA?
Iv eheard it side by side with my Shiva and it swallowed it. :(

I think I am going to try somethings like tube changes and a bias adjust.
I like the new JJ E83CC tubes in it.

As soon as I have the extra money, it's going to my tech for the KT88 conversion.

Thanks Metal Head Mike!
KT88s?

Had you tried an EQ or boost?

I could either keep my Shiva as my classic rock, alt rock and grunge amp which it excells at....
Or, sell/trade for something else.
I would look at the PRS Archon, Solano SLO30, Orange Rockerverb 100, Marshall Kerry King or Satriani or modded Marshall, Friedman, Custom Audio/Suhr, Rivera KH, Bogner Uber, Engl, or Diezel Einstein, D-Mol or VH2. :)
I used an MXR 10 band and an OD out front as I do with every amp...think it was a TS9 at the time.

I used an MXR 10 band and an OD out front as I do with every amp...think it was a TS9 at the time.
Thanks sir,
And it didn't help you?

I'm using an older Fargen J&J OD and boost, us a Suhr Koko Boost.
I want to get thr Orange Two Stroke or Mesa 5-band EQ pedal.

What amps do you run know?

Unkle Mo,

As soon as I have the extra money, it's going to my tech for the KT88 conversion.
The Archon was built in the USA up until they discontinued it a few months back. They have since come out with a new Archon that is made in Indonesia. So be sure to look for the older model and I highly suggest the Archon 100. I think the Archon will do exactly what you're looking for.

Unkle Mo,

Made In China/Indo/etc. - as in - not made in the USA

Now they are coming out with an Archon replacement. It's the USA made a tremonti head supposedly. Hoepfuly soon!

I may replace my Bogner with a Satriani head

So this guy sort of points out the issues I have. The 20th just lacks aggression. I talked to Bogner when I ordered thr amp and they said it's more for classic rock which is what I was doing at the time.
So I can keep it for my lighter rock stuff..

I had a jam session and I couldn't keep up with the Marshalls or a Splawn.
Maybe I'll try some more aggressive tubes or another boost

Ugh, hate can of bees, amps... Lol.

trying make a sow's purse out of a pig's ear is not what I call a good review. The amp was not made for thrash or speed metal. If that's what someone's looking for, try out a Diezel or an appropriate amp. The Bogner 20th Shiva is by itself an amazing amp in its own right and worthy of recognition for what it does. Not what it doesn't.

Back