Ali Express Frankenstrats

Kapo_Polenton

What do you guys think? Would these be worth it just for the body and pickups/ and ok electronics? I'm thinking worst case scenario, the neck needs to be replaced. In some cases people have said the necks were finished extremely well, zero issues and nice and straight. The consensus seems to be that the bridge is crapola so you are going to be out 200-400$ more for a proper floyd. Still brings you well under 1K though for a visually cool and playable piece.

As for the copyright issues, I don't see an issue with these as they are no label and a Frankenstrat is really just a hodge podge made by many builders anyway. Usually only as good as it's parts. I'm thinking that relic job and paint job are way better than I could do and it would cost me more money and time to produce that.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/rare...SWvzLuYEfHhrclauNZP8Vjh0bnAuaWyQaAt2MEALw_wcB
Thoughts?

Just make sure the body is not plywood, otherwise you can fix whatever is unacceptable.

You will get what you pay for..............

I see alot CHIBSON's for sale by people that though they could upgrade them and have a cheap GIbson Les Paul...........

Just do a Musikraft or Warmoth Franky and find somebody to paint it for you.

I dunno about the frankenstrats but a buddy of mine bought a Fender strat headstock'd wenge neck from aliexpress for dirt fucking cheap and it's legit af

just for perspective. Warmoth is out of the question right now with how weak our canadian dollar is. It will be for a while.

What do you guys think? Would these be worth it just for the body and pickups/ and ok electronics? I'm thinking worst case scenario, the neck needs to be replaced. In some cases people have said the necks were finished extremely well, zero issues and nice and straight. The consensus seems to be that the bridge is crapola so you are going to be out 200-400$ more for a proper floyd. Still brings you well under 1K though for a visually cool and playable piece.

As for the copyright issues, I don't see an issue with these as they are no label and a Frankenstrat is really just a hodge podge made by many builders anyway. Usually only as good as it's parts. I'm thinking that relic job and paint job are way better than I could do and it would cost me more money and time to produce that.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/rare...SWvzLuYEfHhrclauNZP8Vjh0bnAuaWyQaAt2MEALw_wcB
Thoughts?
Look for a 2013-14 MIM Charvel. Best value out there. Quartersawn necks and great fretwork.

Here is some pics of last one i did

Attachments

• 20201230_143655.jpg
    20201230_143655.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 38
  • 20201230_143644.jpg
    20201230_143644.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 44
  • 20210110_133628.jpg
    20210110_133628.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 41
  • 20210110_144846.jpg
    20210110_144846.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 44
  • 20210112_220839.jpg
    20210112_220839.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 45
  • 20210113_063031.jpg
    20210113_063031.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 39
Here is some pics of last one i did
Nice! Must have been a Leafs fan :p ..

I see what you guys are saying though, if you factor in decent parts ( not to mention shipping of items and tax) before any painting this is what it might look like:

Ash body 300
Quality Floyd rose 350
tuners 80
neck 300
Electronics 50

I'm at 1080$ before I even get to a paint job of any type. Edging on up there. I've seen some of these newer relic'd frankenstrats from EVH go for under 2000$ so it's like... which is going to retain better value and be ready to go out of the box. I have the pickups already but that would tack on another 150$ etc etc.

The only way it makes sense is if you raped a strat style guitar you picked up on craigs list or other that plays decently already.

just for perspective. Warmoth is out of the question right now with how weak our canadian dollar is. It will be for a while.

As a fellow Canadian I feel your pain.

When building my own Creature I went to Butala for the body and neck. High quality, wide variety of options, Canadian-built and Super Strat-oriented. You can get a Frankie body and neck for the same price as that Ali Express one. You'd have to paint it yourself, but isn't that half the fun?

Nice! Must have been a Leafs fan :p ..

I see what you guys are saying though, if you factor in decent parts ( not to mention shipping of items and tax) before any painting this is what it might look like:

Ash body 300
Quality Floyd rose 350
tuners 80
neck 300
Electronics 50

I'm at 1080$ before I even get to a paint job of any type. Edging on up there. I've seen some of these newer relic'd frankenstrats from EVH go for under 2000$ so it's like... which is going to retain better value and be ready to go out of the box. I have the pickups already but that would tack on another 150$ etc etc.

The only way it makes sense is if you raped a strat style guitar you picked up on craigs list or other that plays decently already.
Lots of 5 star reviews. With an EVH style trem you don't really need anything to nice because it is not floating.

Back