Alice In Chains, Temple Of The Dog - 1990 Moore Theater HD

If this is 1990 he used Randall RG 80/100 heads live. He did have a Bogner modded Marshall but I don’t think he took it out on the road. The ‘We Die Young’ demo sounds eerily like the Facelift tone; but he used the RGs for that demo.
Interesting how many folks used those amps back then. And they sounded good!
My buddy had a Jackson V in Eerie Dess Swirl and an RG100 full stack. Smoking.

Interesting how many folks used those amps back then. And they sounded good!
My buddy had a Jackson V in Eerie Dess Swirl and an RG100 full stack. Smoking.
After learning that a modded 65 Bassman is the real rhythm tone on Facelift, I grabbed a 66 a couple years ago. Great tone, double boosted through GBs and it was pretty close to that tone. Those amps have that great low mid push.
That demo though blew my mind...sounded almost spot on to Facelift. Jerry's secret sauce was the sum of everything...guitar, pedals etc. I can't get that tone with my gear through my RG80.

After learning that a modded 65 Bassman is the real rhythm tone on Facelift, I grabbed a 66 a couple years ago. Great tone, double boosted through GBs and it was pretty close to that tone. Those amps have that great low mid push.
That demo though blew my mind...sounded almost spot on to Facelift. Jerry's secret sauce was the sum of everything...guitar, pedals etc. I can't get that tone with my gear through my RG80.
Nooooooooo! Not Bassman GAS again!!!!
Hard to beat a boosted Bassman.

Cornell = no suicide occurred
Chris's widow sure didn't waste any time getting him cremated. Seems to me she would've at least gotten more than one autopsy done considering the circumstances. I heard Kim Thayil say in an interview he didn't suspect foul play. What the fuck do I know? Terribly sad deal!

Last edited:
So very memorable! It honestly makes me so sad that was in my happiest time of life but when Lane Staley died it was truly something that made me so insanely sad. He was my favorite singer. Thank you for posting it brought back a lot of memories

If this is 1990 he used Randall RG 80/100 heads live. He did have a Bogner modded Marshall but I don’t think he took it out on the road. The ‘We Die Young’ demo sounds eerily like the Facelift tone; but he used the RGs for that demo.
Good stuff here............I agree Racer....sounds like a Randall to me in this clip. I think he mostly used a RG80, there are some YT vids where the Randall is front and center.

So very memorable! It honestly makes me so sad that was in my happiest time of life but when Lane Staley died it was truly something that made me so insanely sad. He was my favorite singer. Thank you for posting it brought back a lot of memories
Lane would have gone on to be one of the greats. Great singer. I think the only way he could sing that way was because he was drugged out and in pain. He was doomed from the start. Only one left is Vedder. Cobain, Staley, and Vedder. There are others but they were the biggest. I am sure I am missing a couple.

Reactions: Geo
Back