Alright this is cool as shit: Soldano is bringing back the X88R Preamp

Bxlxaxkxe

Amp ho
IMG_1748.jpeg

Damn that's a risky move.

I mean yeah it's cool and I hope like crazy it's successful (because I want Mesa to see its success and update the Triaxis to a more modern design with the Cali Tweed's preamp, updated Mark and Recto modes, built in EQ page, etc) but maaaan this is one of those "I'll eat my hat if they so much as break even" situations.

Last edited:

I mean yeah it's cool and I hope like crazy it's successful (because I want Mesa to see its success and update the Triaxis to a more modern design with the Cali Tweed's preamp, updated Mark and Recto modes, built in EQ page, etc) but maaaan this is one of those "I'll eat my hat if they so much as break even" situations.
Well I have to imagine BAD knows what they’re doing in terms of demand for something like this. I could see them doing these in small batches or possibly just one limited run

Well I have to imagine BAD knows what they’re doing in terms of demand for something like this. I could see them doing these in small batches or possibly just one limited run

Yep I could absolutely see them doing a made-to-order thing where they don't produce them until the money's in the bank. With a rack preamp in 2023, that's probably the least risky way to do it.

Last edited:
At least BAD had a good run with the Synergy stuff I guess. The whole system is not only available as heads but as racks as well.

Unlikely
The individual responsible for the Triaxis no longer works for Mesa. Randall told me this last time I saw him.

• Sad
Reactions: rsm
Unlikely
The individual responsible for the Triaxis no longer works for Mesa. Randall told me this last time I saw him.

I mean the tech is at least 30 years old at this point, nowhere near as cutting edge as it used to be. There have got to be plenty more people out there who know how to build preamps that use digitally controlled resistors integrated with analog circuitry.

If Soldano can show that there's a profitable market for standalone analog guitar preamps today, I'd bet that companies that are or have been tooled up to produce rack units will want in on the action too.

It's just that I kind of doubt the effort will be successful. Again though, hopefully I'm wrong.

Did the OG have LEFT/RIGHT outs?

MIDI and Balanced Outs take this into the new realm.
Could be a killer unit for those not giving up on Pre/Power amp setups.

I'm sure it wont be cheap though.

Back