Amp repair south of Boston?

Fragglerick

I need an amp guy preferably just south of Boston, who can work on my Peavey 5150. It's flabby sounding and has volume drops. I swapped out the tubes (pre and power) with no change.
I tried the guy from Matt's Music "the amp whisperer" , he went thru it, cleaned it up and said it was fine. Definitely not the case.

Last edited:
I need an amp guy preferably just south of Boston, who can work on my Peavey 5150. It's flabby sounding and has volume drops. I swapped out the tubes (pre and power) with no change.
I tried the guy from Matt's Music "the amp whisperer" , he went thru it, cleaned it up and said it was fine. Definitely not the case.
how South of Boston ?

There’s a guy that builds amps out of Mr Music in Allston I think, he could probably help you out.

Hey all try Matt's Music in Weymouth, great owner and they have a great amp guy. Bob D. is very north LOL, and retired now, Aztech is great and still there but that is not really south!

Hey all try Matt's Music in Weymouth, great owner and they have a great amp guy. Bob D. is very north LOL, and retired now, Aztech is great and still there but that is not really south!
Bob still takes selected jobs on so not totally retired.

You could hit up the Guitar Doctor in Bridgewater (East Bridgewater?), he can probably recommend someone.

I used to live in Rockland about a decade ago, don’t make my way up there after my divorce but that whole South Shore area was my stomping grounds for nearly 20 years.

Back