another great deal on Reverb

having a lot of gear (or even expensive gear) and overpaying exorbitantly for a piece of gear are pretty different. I'll gladly pay $5k on a historic LP or the like, but a $2000 amp for $6000 ain't the same.

having a lot of gear (or even expensive gear) and overpaying exorbitantly for a piece of gear are pretty different. I'll gladly pay $5k on a historic LP or the like, but a $2000 amp for $6000 ain't the same.

Of course not. And I'm not implying everyone who has a lot of gear is an idiot with their money.
That would be self incriminating. :LOL:

But we all know there's gear-heads out there with more $$ than they know what to do with.
New the amp is $3K. The asking price for what look's to be brand new shape is double.
If someone bites great. If the seller eventually nabs $4-5K great. If it's not moving they'll lower
the price.

I see no blame with the seller unless they're putting a gun to your head.

Supply and demand.
Old as dirt.

Why not start super high and see if some rich impatient prick nabs it?

I see Youtube videos by these folks that display $25,000 worth of gear in
the background during their reviews.

Maybe one of them will buy it.

Greed would be the store owners who were selling $10 bottles of water in lower
Manhattan the afternoon after the twin towers fell.
I see no difference here. Price gouging is price gouging, and that makes him a scumbag. In the grand scheme of things, he's looking to cash in on a pandemic, which is solely to blame for parts shortages. More died from Covid than 911.

The ONLY difference is, one doesn't *need* a JP-2C to survive. But, it's still price gouging.

Look what happened with the Wolfgangs and Peavey 5150's when Eddie died? Would one want to hold on to a potential collector's item? No, Peavey 5150's are all over Reverb at ridiculous prices..

https://reverb.com/item/42068642-peavey-5150-block-letter-head-and-cabinet-black
https://reverb.com/item/41225244-peavey-5150-1992-block-letter-original-tubes
Where's the proof? https://reverb.com/item/41076486-peavey-5150ii-amp-head-previously-owned-by-eddie-van-halen

Last edited:
I see no difference here.

One is a toy and the other was a vital resource at the time.

My son-in-law is a watch collector.
He'll gladly overpay if he stumbles over something he wants badly. Blows my mind.

I just don't see it as nefarious.
If enough people submit reasonable offers and it doesn't move the seller will go lower.

Why are they a dirt bag if some other kid wants their toy bad enough to pay double for it?

Of course not. And I'm not implying everyone who has a lot of gear is an idiot with their money.
That would be self incriminating. :LOL:

But we all know there's gear-heads out there with more $$ than they know what to do with.
New the amp is $3K. The asking price for what look's to be brand new shape is double.
If someone bites great. If the seller eventually nabs $4-5K great. If it's not moving they'll lower
the price.

I see no blame with the seller unless they're putting a gun to your head.
I’m guilty on the stockpile of gear - but still don’t wanna pay 2x the real price of an amp. Capitalism works so maybe someone will just say F it and offer $4999 and he’ll bite.

Lol I think it has gotten even worse now. Saw a few JP2Cs for insane prices in my feed today and then a multi-watt Dual Recto for $3,000. The only real way to stop this type of thing is if no one buys them.

Back