Another Metallica track drops tomorrow

72 Reasons why this album is destined to lie near the bottom of future “best Metallica albums” lists is clearly contained in the 1/4 already released portion of it.

Dark/evil sounding name: check
Banging triplets while some guy tools off a generic lead: check
Dumbass aping around like hes playing the greatest bassline of all time: check
Vague, stupid lyrics: check
Repeating inane phrase in hope it catches on: check
Gaslighting fools with generic wah solo: check
Bullshit music video: check
Subpar drums ala an autistic 60 year old that found a drumset: check

Yup we got a single here guys!

Someone needs to throw these guys in a basement with a 4 track and tell ‘em to write a fucking song. And if james tries to actually sing (thanks Bob rock) throw rocks at him. No complex lyrics no complex production just let it rip.

Spotify recommended I check out new Godsmack.. sure, not my favorite band by any means but they are huge and have had some great sounding stuff, it’s gotta be better than this new metallica right?? Well not by much. What the fuck is going on with these old bands?

Weird thing is, the best song IMO on WPB, Psychopathy Red, has a good and typical Slayer tone.
Yes yes . It was recorded at a later time . I’m not sure Greg even helped . It’s got a death metal tone . Man I trust your slayer facts . But I stil think divine intervention is best album ever lol

Yes yes . It was recorded at a later time . I’m not sure Greg even helped . It’s got a death metal tone . Man I trust your slayer facts . But I stil think divine intervention is best album ever lol

Wpb was all terry date I thought. Divine intervention is the best Slayer to me as well

Edit: repentless is terry date, wpb was very dry

Wow...

giphy.gif

I can’t believe they had the balls to do another Lars ratta tat intro..lol once again a boring as fuck intro, that’s too long, with no payoff when the song starts. More of that bland crapfest they call a metal guitar tone. It never fails to shock me that the band that got the sound and riffs they did on Disposable Heroes thinks this is a win. Watching those Megadeth Budokan clips and they are rocking a pretty decent metal tone and Mustaine’s dirt is as old as James’s.
It says so much of the impact their 80’s music had that even now 33 years later we hold out the slimmest of hopes they’ll light us up again to only get more abuse from a Daddy who’ll never respect or love us…lol

Back