• WD Forte’

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Psykes

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • 7d8

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters

scottosan

All of these are still prototype mode. I’ll still about month to work through these, but here’s what’s cooking.

WD Forte’ - Similar to Duncan RTM specs. 17.6k/A2. A little more sag for lead tones, but still tight and sweeter top end than the Roxy

Psykes - this will be my first ceramic offering. Obviously going for the Whitesnake tones here 14k/C8 magnet

7d8 - 9.2k/A2 with offset coils. Hot PAF VH tones

Oh man. No pressure or anything on the dirty fingers, LoL. I have my work cut out for me. Because the fat magnets are hard to come by, and the spacers ad keepers aren’t available for those thickness magnet, I’m going to have to get creative. I’m likely going to have to take some liberties :D

Oh man. No pressure or anything on the dirty fingers, LoL. I have my work cut out for me. Because the fat magnets are hard to come by, and the spacers ad keepers aren’t available for those thickness magnet, I’m going to have to get creative. I’m likely going to have to take some liberties :D
What do the spacers look like ? I may be able to make them in quantity…

What do the spacers look like ? I may be able to make them in quantity…
To do the pickup as a accurate DF is going to pose a lot of of challenges both from a custom magnet and spacer standpoint. The originals had Ceamic 5. Mostly C8 available now. I think I may be biting off too much to do it correctly. Sonic approximation with the stronger C8 might be the more realistic cop out.

But to answer your question, the original looked to be 0.19”
273C910C-9C55-4DB9-A825-DE34E4038858.jpeg

How long is it ? Is it square, rectangular or could it be round bar stock ? Do you know what alloy steel it is ?

Well this isn't helping my plans on waiting for a greco to mod. I want to try the Roxy but the WD Forte is tempting

I would definitely try to base them as close to Shaws as you can. If you need a test subject just let me know

Back