Any love for headless/ergo guitars?

ratter

I think I can guess the answer :LOL: :LOL: but I'm bored so I thought I'd ask anyway...

Me, I love the compact size. The Steinberger trems had the best feel of all time IMO although it took some getting used to - the bar rode high.

I'm contemplating a headless build to satisfy the nostalgia for my beloved 'bergers.

The dude at Steinberger who built Eddie's 5150 GL:

620382_1370391.jpg

Holdsy with a custom jobber by Bill(?) DeLap:

Allan_Holdsworth%20777.jpg

An 8-string Toone with wacky proprietary hardware:

6a00e39826b2898833016763c7c02c970b-800wi

Dr. Strandberg's handiwork, with his proprietary (and less wacky) hardware:

IMG_3379.jpg

A Canton custom, showing lots of Klein influence:

Canton1.jpg

The most recent Carvin AH sig model:

hh2x-qdpa.jpg

Kapo_Polenton":1wqxg77s said:
Vito Bratta is the only guy that made these remotely cool.. even at that he looked better with a strat.

Yeah, they're not the best choice for striking rock poses. And they tend to clash with poofy pirate shirts.

The Steinberger trem is a masterpiece, awesome bridge for sure.

Eddie's tone with the berger though.................. :thumbsdown:

I played one of those guitar shaped Steinbergers and I have to admit that it played incredibely well and sounded great for rock with the EMG's. The Trans Trem was very cool as well...

Cool as that thing was, I still have no love for headless..

Gainzilla":12qn6d3d said:
I played one of those guitar shaped Steinbergers

Digital Jams":12qn6d3d said:
Eddie's tone with the berger though.................. :thumbsdown:

The two I had were the Ms...the more guitar-ish shaped ones. The tones as I remember were just OK. The EMGs kinda dominated like they tend to do. Then again we are talking ADA MP-1s and GK amps and such. Tone wasn't exactly paramount. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I wasn't in love with the feel and shape of the neck either. So I'd be curious to see how things turn out with different body construction and a more traditional wood neck with a better feel...

The GM4T (not mine...but it looks just like one I had put together from parts...:)

S5002596.jpg

I just have to say a big no-no for the headless guitars in general. To me they look hideous with or without a shirt (at least if I wear'em!).

Haven't played one ever and I doubt I ever will.

I had a 5 string Spirit (cheap Steinberger) headless bass. It was solid, dependable and sounded good. The lack of headstock was great when there wasn't enough room on stage.

The only downside was that the boat oar shape body sometimes tilted away from me which was annoying.

I've been wanting to pick up a black GM4T for years now, but it seems that they've skyrocketed in price. About 6 or 7 years ago you could find them anywhere from $800-$1500. Now, you never see them under $2500. :doh:

Ugh! I would have liked one of those Axis-styled ones, but no way did I want to deal with that outfit!

I bought a Spirit a while back, can't afford the real deal. I'm quite surprised how much I've come to love it. Exceptionally easy to play and sounds cool with EMG's.
5662199744_f386cd8045_b.jpg

I pretty much bought it just to play "Summer Nights" ,could need a trans-trem though. :)

https://soundcloud.com/amund-blix/summernights5150

I kinda want a Holdsworth Carvin, I think they look great.

I had a great Gp2s or whatever it was called. I would love another, as well as a a GM and a GS. Roman was a douche. I doubt they have Steinbergers in Hell.

Back