Any love for headless/ergo guitars?

I like the ergo/headless design, but most of the body shapes are just plain fugly. I really love the Strandberg shape though. I would love to have a 7 from him, but that will never happen.

ratter, comparing that Carvin headless to that Strictly 7 is an unfair comparison. That blue Strictly 7 is a 7-string guitar.

Here's what i play in one of the bands i'm in, somewhat weighty in a super heavy les paul kind of way, so it's really not too bad for a double neck

the band:

http://mountstealth.bandcamp.com/album/mount-stealth-ep

//

for a bunch of songs i play guitar parts and then switch to bass , as a bass octaver didn't really cut it live/studio despite being ok in practice, decided to get a doubleneck bass/guitar.. beats having a bass or guitar on a stand imo

i run both through the same pedalboard into an amp, tried a few things but have switched to a sansamp/power amp combo with a bass cab and a sansamp/power amp combo into a FR cab , seems to work pretty good, the pic is old, have since changed the strings from that tacky gold ;0 the bass side sounds great ,the guitar side is a bit lacking unfortunately, but since it's all out of maple not sure if a pickup change would make a huge difference not to mention the wiring headache involved we'll see

photo02251.jpg

Qweklain":2x9w8yqf said:
I like the ergo/headless design, but most of the body shapes are just plain fugly. I really love the Strandberg shape though. I would love to have a 7 from him, but that will never happen.

ratter, comparing that Carvin headless to that Strictly 7 is an unfair comparison. That blue Strictly 7 is a 7-string guitar.

I know but that's the only compar-o I could find...

This one isn't as good for comparing but I drooled over this pic so much as a kid...

EddieVanHalen-MAINGUITARS.jpg

That picture I spent many a minute drooling over as well.

university81, changing pickups in the Spirit makes a HUGE difference, the EMG's in mine was a massive upgrade.

ratter":3afy0cpf said:
An 8-string Toone with wacky proprietary hardware:

6a00e39826b2898833016763c7c02c970b-800wi

If you can't appreciate this guitar and design there is something wrong with you. That thing is SICK! I want one. Just afraid to ask the price :LOL: :LOL:

RSRD":1du5bbcs said:
ratter":1du5bbcs said:

If you can't appreciate this guitar and design there is something wrong with you. That thing is SICK! I want one. Just afraid to ask the price :LOL: :LOL:

+1 :thumbsup:

This is one hell of a guitar but it needed a lot of time to win me.At first was just a slab but after a while its simplicity just owns you.

Fenderoid":3vz8k2kn said:
RSRD":3vz8k2kn said:
ratter":3vz8k2kn said:

+1 :thumbsup:

This is one hell of a guitar but it needed a lot of time to win me.At first was just a slab but after a while its simplicity just owns you.

Then I found out last night his guitars go for $8k plus most likely this one is in the 12k range. I like it alot less now :LOL: :LOL:

I've got two of the Strat-esque shape Steinbergers--a GR4 and a GM5S. I really like the compact size (among other things, I use them for travel guitars) and the composite neck. Very stable for tuning, great inter-string definition, nice quick string changes. The S trem works fine, but I never use it. I never like the R trem as a trem, but it works fine as a fixed bridge. If I had my druthers, both of the bridges would be the old style Steinberger fixed bridges, but those are really hard to find.

Back