Any love for the Mesa Nomad?

War_in_D

I've owned the 45 watt combo before, and the best I remember it wasn't a horrible amp. Got a line on a 100 watt head with the EQ. Been checking out some YouTube vids to refresh my memory, and I'm thinking of picking it up.

What say you?

I had the 45 head, couldn't take it back to the store fast enough. Mine could have been bad though as the tube did start to read place after I played it for a few hours.

I've heard the 100 watters are a different beast than the 45 and even the 50 because of the EQ.

I say give it a shot, buy it at a good enough price that it's easy to flip if you dont like it.

This review makes it sound pretty decent, but it was the only one I found that was properly recorded, etc.

Never read many compliments about the Nomad series. I heard great things about the DC and Express series. Mixed feelings about the F series.

I think I'm going to probably pick it up. It's a trade for another amp that I don't really use much so it's not the end of the world if it's a dog.

To me after you hear a mark series or rectifier most don’t like these other

Exactly. I've tried pretty much every iteration of Mesa with the exception of the Mark series. To me, the Nomad is just a different flavor but I'm not expecting it to be a Recto, etc.. The Nomad combo I had wasn't bad, but I've heard that the 100 watt with the EQ was different/better. If the guy gets back to me, I'll be picking it up today.

Exactly. I've tried pretty much every iteration of Mesa with the exception of the Mark series. To me, the Nomad is just a different flavor but I'm not expecting it to be a Recto, etc.. The Nomad combo I had wasn't bad, but I've heard that the 100 watt with the EQ was different/better. If the guy gets back to me, I'll be picking it up today.
It’s worth a shot .I have an electrodyne combo that I use for jazz cleans and combo time . Soundgarden last album captured the gain tone of it perfectly . I do like that one

I had the Nimad 100 combo. Jesus, that amp was awful. Sterile clean channel, meh crunch channel and fizzy lead channel. I couldn’t get a tone I was happy with to save my life. Luckily I traded it for a Dual Rec.

Back