Any of y'all buy a KHE switcher...

BSRIAudio

And then realize you need to make a huge pile of cables as part of the install? Just ordered $200 in supplies to make all the extra signal and speaker cables I'll need but I'm stoked to have easy access to all my heads without swapping cables around.

Yep exactly the same... especially if you got the one with FX loops

Works great though once its set up, just need to be cautious with the different impedance mismatches you might have when switching cabs

Works great though once its set up, just need to be cautious with the different impedance mismatches you might have when switching cabs

I try to only have 8 ohm cabs which makes things easy. I run two live but only one at a time at home. I don't know if the KHE allows multiple cabs at once but both my home cabs have the same speakers which I'll probably switch out now that I have the option to switch things around with ease.

Yep i have the 8x4 and love it! Ordered 100ft of 16g speaker cable with some 1/4 ends from Amazon and all good. I set all my amps to 8 ohms which satisfies the "1 off" rule that's recommended from KHE. So if you're plugging your amp set to 8 ohms into a 16 ohm cab, ur only "1 off", obviously 8 ohm amp into an 8 ohm cab is golden and a 8 ohm amp plugged into a 4 ohm cab (do these actually exist?) and again ur only "1 off"

Rule #1: Use a one-step mismatch​

A One-Step mismatch is generally considered as a safe mismatch, although will slightly alter the response of the amp. If possible, have the load higher impedance than the amp. For example:

✔ Amp: 8 ohm → Cab: 16 ohm
✔ Amp: 4 ohm → Cab: 8 ohm

Having the load one step lower than the amp is a bit more controversial, but the majority agrees that it's no problem if the amp and tubes are in good shape and condition. For example:

✔ Amp: 16 ohm → Cab: 8 ohm
✔ Amp: 8 ohm → Cab: 4 ohm

A Two-Step mismatch is not recommended:

❌ Amp: 16 ohm → Cab: 4 ohm
❌ Amp: 4 ohm → Cab: 16 ohm

The OCD in me would never allow myself to have multiple amps fired up at once, all tubes burning away for hours at a time just to 'punch in' a different amp for a brief moment. Not knocking your approach but I couldn't do it.

The OCD in me would never allow myself to have multiple amps fired up at once, all tubes burning away for hours at a time just to 'punch in' a different amp for a brief moment. Not knocking your approach but I couldn't do it.
That's not the way I intend to use the switcher most of the time. I don't think many people use them that way. The benefit is being able to route any amp to any cabinet while using a single pedalboard without having to get behind the amps and move cables from amp to amp. I have 4 heads in the room right now and only ever use one because swapping cables around is a pain.

That's not the way I intend to use the switcher most of the time. I don't think many people use them that way. The benefit is being able to route any amp to any cabinet while using a single pedalboard without having to get behind the amps and move cables from amp to amp. I have 4 heads in the room right now and only ever use one because swapping cables around is a pain.
Well, then that is a smart way to go about it. Less setup time = more playing time. Cool.

And then realize you need to make a huge pile of cables as part of the install? Just ordered $200 in supplies to make all the extra signal and speaker cables I'll need but I'm stoked to have easy access to all my heads without swapping cables around.
Did the same with my DeLisle. 8 months and the fucking cable parts still sitting here 🙄

Here’s my KHE rat’s nest…

ZftFP8X.jpg

SfNNWin.jpg

SpXoB06.jpg

Last edited:
Yup got one setup with 4 heads and 4 cabs, with effects loops. Works just perfect. Lots of cables but so easy to use. Perfect for A/B nights and great for using all my amps. I also use one amp at a time so they are not all fired up. Once in a while i do light all 4 and switch to make things interesting. Also enabled 2 cabs at once option, so cool. Also use the load out to feed a WDW setup.

Just a brilliant unit.

The photo of all the cables is a bit crazy Matt. I take it you have a small army of elves that set it up.

lol. I really hate when I have to unplug something because whenever I do, something in the signal path is off when I try to hook everything back up. You have to take your time be meticulous. If I thought about it ahead of time, I would have gotten different colored cables for each amp to make it easier to know where each cable is going and that it's plugged into the right spot. Thought I think I'm gonna get some colored shrink wrap to put around the jacks... that will help.

I bought different colored cable clamps (the screw on part of a neutrik-style plug) for each cable set (in/send/return). Makes tracking what goes where super easy.

lol. I really hate when I have to unplug something because whenever I do, something in the signal path is off when I try to hook everything back up. You have to take your time be meticulous. If I thought about it ahead of time, I would have gotten different colored cables for each amp to make it easier to know where each cable is going and that it's plugged into the right spot. Thought I think I'm gonna get some colored shrink wrap to put around the jacks... that will help.
your new name is......"THE WIZARD"....

I use the ACS 4x4 FX. Been great to avoid the speed bump associated with rewiring. Also nice to keep a noise gate, reverb, and attenuator across all amps. Mogami inherited a lot of my money after that purchase!

Back