Any Runt 20 users?

BackCrack

Since I picked up my second Runt locally about a month ago, I've been running a pair at jams with friends and in my drummer's studio. I have a well broken-in Tone Tubby red alnico in one and a 20w Greenback (almost broke-in) in the other (I just don't jive with the stock 65w Creamback). They do a great job for the classic rock tones and harder blues tones that I always seem to gravitate towards. Anybody else use one of these little guys?

chQgnyR.jpg

yes love it but took a long time to work out. I like modern high gain and had trouble to get it to sound how i wanted. I love it now. I go guitar>Digitech Valve Distortion(tube screamer)> Dickinson tube overdrive> Runt> eq in effects loop>Mesa 412 0S.
The tube screamer is just for eq with unity gain. The Tube overdrive is amazing. Any other clean boost feels flat. eq in loop with slight smile to make it less honkey

Bought a used head that had me grinning ear to ear before something major went wrong in the guts.

Sent it right back and meant to get another. Seemed like the perfect amp for anything 70s or 80s.

I've been thinking that I might give one a whirl to kind of dip my toe in the Friedman stuff.

Best thing you can do for the Runt, (20 or 50), is get a Hot Mod V2 EVO from Legendary Tones. You have to pull the 20 apart to plug it in for clearance, don't think a combo will work, but they work well in the head.. That was the missing piece in my Runt 50 days, and I went from almost there to one of my favorite amps ever. I sold it when the PT20 V2 came out, and that amp has the tone in your head right out of the box. Boosted, it's even nastier.

Sorry, medical Marijuana that I'm allowed to have makes me ramble. 🤣

Last edited:
Back