Any thoughts on TC Electronic Plethora X5

stratjacket

Seems like something I see some folks searching for (myself included) to be able to have time-based only (delay, reverb, etc...no amps) multi effects
- simple easy to use Loop multi effects pedal.
- includes all TC Electronic Toneprint pedals, up to 5 at a time.
- FX include Hall Of Fame 2 Reverb, Flashback 2 Delay, Sub n Up Octaver, Brainwaves Pitch Shifter, Corona Chorus, Hypergravity Compressor, Mimiq Doubler, Vortex Flanger, Pipeline Tap Tremolo, Quintessence Harmony, Sentry Noise Gate, Shaker Vibrato, Viscous Vibe, Helix Phaser, Tape Deck Looper
- Create and customize up to 127 custom boards with any combination of TonePrint pedals

https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=P0D9M

I was interested in these, but I think wanted to have individual pedals, as I already I own an FM3, and this would feel redundant to me.

I was interested in these, but I think wanted to have individual pedals, as I already I own an FM3, and this would feel redundant to me.
Yeah. Hard to find anyone who's had one to get some straight talk on it for sure. Search here only shows someone else asked the same question as me last year with no responses. Strange that no one has tried one, may just have to break down and buy it to try it.

Yeah. Hard to find anyone who's had one to get some straight talk on it for sure. Search here only shows someone else asked the same question as me last year with no responses. Strange that no one has tried one, may just have to break down and buy it to try it.

I'll be interested to hear your review if you grab one.

Don't own this but last year I did a gig with a guy who had this on his board. Talked a bit with him about it and got to hear him use it, he was swearing by it and it did sound good. Wish I'd had time to actually try it out myself and see how it responded but unfortunately not. I've seen them floating around for sale used for under $400, might give this one a shot at some point. I'd be interested to see/hear what you think if you do go for it and get one.

I was interested in it as well as I like what TC does but ultimately, I want them to put out a new G System type unit with an expression pedal built in etc. Update it with all the latest features that the Line 6 Helix and other Multi FX units have. This is short of that for me so I wait until something comes out that appeals to me more I guess. It looks like a cool unit though.

Back