Anybody have a Kemper profile of...

leib10

A Bogner Uberschall? I'm considering trading one of my Ubers for a Kemper and I want to see how well the Kemper captures the sound of one. Thanks in advance!

"Black Uber" on the exchange.

I did NOT like it. But all the Bogner profiles have made me pretty sad so far..except the Ecstasy clean profiles. Those are nice. different strokes im sure

I like the uber profile I have after switching to a different cab and I really like the bogners from Andy's pack tons.

leib10":16mjsdr4 said:
Happen to have a clip of the Uber profile? :)
I can post one later for you. As mentioned I changed the cab so not sure how accurate it will be but I do like the sound. Want to hear 6 or 7 string clip? Can't get to it till later

Here is a super quick laydown using the Black Uber I have inside the kemper with 7 string. I changed some stuff around on the cab side so it doesn't sound like the original as I also wasn't a huge fan of it untouched. I think its decent, and probably doesn't sound like an uber since I changed some stuff.... no bass so you can hear the guitars, sloppy riffin single passes as I didn't have time to put together anything fancy

http://www.energiestudios.com/Files/Bla ... xample.mp3

Thanks a lot man! It sounds a lot like a Rev 2 for sure with the darker, saggier tone.

leib10":2tkf985f said:
Thanks a lot man! It sounds a lot like a Rev 2 for sure with the darker, saggier tone.

Since I don't play out much or at all anymore, I feel much better if I had to sell off my amps, cause I have profiled them, and pretty much covered what it sounds like mic'd spot on, specially for what I have used my amps for. If I were you and contemplating selling something to fund a kemper, hopefully you can score a kemper first, profile your amp, then sell it, so at least you have a good part of the recorded tone saved. it may not be identical but pretty dang close.

We'll see what happens. Going back to school for my Master's, so it might be awhile before any gear acquisition happens again. ;)

What if your tastes change and you profiled your amp with an off axis setting and then you want a direct mic later when the amp isn't around?? Is there a large enough community now that is sharing presets or profiles?

Best to capture your amp in as many ways as u want to remember it by. But there are thi gs to change the sound such as different cabs that alter it greatly and simulate mic positions as well just not as good as doing it yourself.

Back