Anyone buy from JJ direct?

Zado

Ok, yeah, JJ tubes suck big time bla bla, but just in case I wanted some cheapo tubes as emergency swap these seem like a good deal from the site

https://www.jjtubes.eu/

Anyone got stuff from them?

BTW apparently TAD is selling EL34B-STR for cheap, I recall these not being super reliable, is this still true?

Never bought direct but bought plenty from Eurotubes including the EL34-II and the EL34L and dozens of pre's.

I've never had a problem with any of them and some I've had for quite awhile. I know JJ had that issue with EL84's but that was a long time ago.

YMMV

:dunno:

Never bought direct but bought plenty from Eurotubes including the EL34-II and the EL34L and dozens of pre's.

I've never had a problem with any of them and some I've had for quite awhile. I know JJ had that issue with EL84's but that was a long time ago.

YMMV

:dunno:

How do you like the EL34-II compared to the E34L? I have the latter and find them a lil too low-end heavy

Jj actually have been the more reliable current production tubes imho.
Yup, have had just one JJ tube fail on me in years. They may not sound perfect, but I prefer reliable tubes over slightly better sounding ones

I have shoe boxes full of preamp tubes. I can only remember a single JJ that failed me over the years. They are super reliable in my opinion and sound great when used in certain amps or in the utility spots of other amps. I would never fill all positions with them, but they flat out last.

People who complain about “blanket” this or that should check out the MG and the 83cc. Blanket or mud are the last terms that the 83cc can be described with. They are just the opposite.

When it comes to tone, my favorite current production is the EH7025 by far. A distant 2nd would be the Mullard CV4004…….which is NOT reliable unfortunately.

How do you like the EL34-II compared to the E34L? I have the latter and find them a lil too low-end heavy

Yup, have had just one JJ tube fail on me in years. They may not sound perfect, but I prefer reliable tubes over slightly better sounding ones
I think the "L" in EL34L stands for low end :LOL: But the stuff I like to riff on doesn't require a lot pristine high end. If I did, I'd get Tung Sols.

I honestly have not really gotten into the NOS game. I have a few JAN pre's but I just keep buying JJ's because they work and they are cheap(er).

Yeah...I didn't know you could order direct....unless this is a new thing. I have no issues with JJ tubes. They've always been reliable. The Chinese power tubes that were used in Splawns for a bit would fail quite a bit. I do like the JJ 6L6GC probably over most 6L6 on the market. The preamp tubes aren't bad and don't crap out. I like a lot of certain vintage preamp tubes as well, and prefer to roll tubes cuz it's fun. haha

I am from Slovakia. Which is where the tubes are made. And even I buy from eurotubes or TAD. I tried buying a few 12AX7 direct.. twice.. years back and from the 7 pres that I bought 3 were faulty/microphonic on arrival.

Ok, yeah, JJ tubes suck big time bla bla, but just in case I wanted some cheapo tubes as emergency swap these seem like a good deal from the site

https://www.jjtubes.eu/

Anyone got stuff from them?

BTW apparently TAD is selling EL34B-STR for cheap, I recall these not being super reliable, is this still true?
After comparing prices from eurotubes... what's the advantage to this and longer shipping time? Am I missing something?

After comparing prices from eurotubes... what's the advantage to this and longer shipping time? Am I missing something?

IIRC Eurotubes is US based, so not the cheapest if you're an EU buyer considering vat, duties n stuff.

Back