Anyone into Gojira?

I'm a fan....not SUPER in to them but I will say they are probably the best live metal band in existence. Every time I've seen them live they blow away every other act on the bill

That new song jams for sure!

Ya that first single with the outer space cartoon video was very lacklustre IMO. The song in the OP is some nice redeption :love:

That’s funny, I thought Another World was way better than this song.

Check out Ocean Planet. My personal favorite of theirs (atm)

Magma is dope. The brothers lost their mom and wrote about it. Sick tone, unique vibe. Dig!

I'm a fan....not SUPER in to them but I will say they are probably the best live metal band in existence. Every time I've seen them live they blow away every other act on the bill

That new song jams for sure!
Couldn't agree more. Gojira live are a fucking wrecking ball. Like, unbelievably jawdropping. There is no better live metal band than Gojira.

i have this tendency to ignore new bands until they get like 4 or 5 albums into their career (if they make it that far). Then if they're still creating a buzz in the scene, or i notice them being billed higher and higher on festivals, tours, etc, then i'll finally go deep diving on them. This was one of those bands. I saw them live in their early days, and probably watched a single song, then went back to the bar. Now i'd be thrilled to check em out live. Magma was a really great album, where i think they've really come into their own style, and yeah...they jam. one of the best bands to come out in the last 20 years or so.

Their best record by far is "The Link", their second album released in 2003. Somewhat next gen Sepultura (Chaos A.D. era). Saw them live at the time and was flaggerbasted by the sheer power emanating from the stage. Really blew me away, totally awesome. I had great hopes at the time. Too bad all the albums afterwards were kinda lackluster compared to this one IMHO.

I was made a fan when I saw them open for Mastodon in 2014. I had no clue who they were and didn't really care as I was there for Mastodon. When they started playing I was shocked. Such a unique sound. Instant face melt. Never heard a live band so precise, clear and gut punching. It was a great experience.

gojira1.JPG

View attachment 70962

Attachments

• gojira2.JPG
    gojira2.JPG
    477.7 KB · Views: 36
Back