Anyone know what Matt Talbot of Hum is rigging to get these God-tier monolithic wall of sound toanz?

I can't play that tight... a few micro seconds here and there and it sounds sloppy. I can get away with double track at best, lol
Yeah I would agree. I remember the guitarist in Firehouse back in the day tracked all of his guitars 6 times to come up with that huge sound

Yeah I would agree. I remember the guitarist in Firehouse back in the day tracked all of his guitars 6 times to come up with that huge sound.
In the article, they said both guitarists triple tracked, Matt not being as perfect.

It's said Corgan did up to 40 tracks on Siamese Dream...but dear God, le toanz!

For me, "If You Are To Bloom" is their raddest
song.
The strength of their sound is that killer drummer
AND where the drums sit in the mix.
He's a kick ass pocket drummer and sits just right in the mix with the down tuned guitars
and octave stabbing syncopations.

For me, "If You Are To Bloom" is their raddest
song.
The strength of their sound is that killer drummer
AND where the drums sit in the mix.
He's a kick ass pocket drummer and sits just right in the mix with the down tuned guitars
and octave stabbing syncopations.
It's like Sunny Day Real Estate meets 311. Neat track.

Another thing, on Inlet...when I listened to the album on some really good monitors, there is a lot of synth stuff going on. A lot of thick buried pads and stuff. I would not at all be shocked to know they are using amps, modelers, God knows what else now. I also listened to a podcast which I will link with their drummer Brian, who talked about how Tim Lash mixed the album in his own living room. Like I said, I plan on seeing if Matt would be willing to maybe shoot the shit over a beer at his bar soon and see what he's willing to divulge.

God has chosen you for this work and it is his dispensation that you obtain this divine light of truth and report back here to your brethren EX POST HASTE, or whatever. 🤘🏻

Back