Architects guitarists signature Fortin boost

Terex

In the video posted yesterday from Andertons: 'Captain meets' this time with Architects guitarist Josh Middleton he said they're in the works with Fortin Amplification to create their signature boost pedal. It's different from the previous boosts as this one will have a more detailed EQ department. You can shape the boost a lot more to fit different types of amps. He mentioned modern Marshalls and Rectifiers.

Curious about this one! Anyone has more info on this? :rock:

Had the privilege of playing some shows with him back in his yout'. He was a phenomenon to us even in his teens. He's one of the best rhythm guitar players in the world today for sure. It was really only a matter of time before the world would catch on.
He's also left handed & started playing the other way. Just think about that for a second.

JimmyBlind":1ja1km5z said:
Had the privilege of playing some shows with him back in his yout'. He was a phenomenon to us even in his teens. He's one of the best rhythm guitar players in the world today for sure. It was really only a matter of time before the world would catch on.
He's also left handed & started playing the other way. Just think about that for a second.

That's sick!

I "know" him from his youtubechannel and Sylosis for a couple of years now and seen him live about 5 times now. Absolutely love his way of tight rhythm playing and feel. Curious to see what he does with Fortin, his tone is also absolutely crushing.

My old man lives a couple of minutes walk from his old guitar teacher. I had a few lessons from him back in the day.
He was fully determined to becoming the best player he could possibly be I think. Where students might have taken an exercise away from a lesson, I think he'd pretty much return a week later having not only mastered it to speed, but mastered every inversion of it and variations on its theme.
His right hand is the most incredible part of his playing for me.

Also, something that has made me a better player is really playing authoritatively. I think this is how you produce the best sounds out of the guitar & seems to give it the most integrity & control. You really see this in Josh's playing. Every note is played with real conviction.

Josh and Adam are amazing guys. We have been working on something for awhile with them. Hopefully everyone will enjoy it. Might be a good amount of time before it sees the light of day still though!

engage757":1khnm91g said:
Josh and Adam are amazing guys. We have been working on something for awhile with them. Hopefully everyone will enjoy it. Might be a good amount of time before it sees the light of day still though!

Very cool to hear! Looking forward to what comes out of this collaboration! :)

Terex":2aziq79x said:
engage757":2aziq79x said:

Very cool to hear! Looking forward to what comes out of this collaboration! :)

Me too!

Love the guys and their music. Truly, the guys are some of the best humans I have ever met. Hopefully it does well for them!

I pretty much fell out of love for metal for a few years.
Their 'All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us' album is an absolute belter from start to finish. Genuinely the best metal album I'd heard for 10 years or more.
Fleetwood Mac's Rumours has an integrity about it, where the troubles of the band were pretty much captured in the writing.
Similarly, this Architects album is pretty much the last hurrah of a dying man and a band dealing with life's most immense hurdles. The whole album is just really sad & angry & wise.

Back