At what point do you lower your price????

Never Bubba, I know what I got and what she’s worth and if you don’t think this VINTAGE 2005 epiphone by GIBSON LES PAUL is worth $1k then it’s your loss, dumbass.

Sorry, I became possessed by the ghost of Craigslist ads past.

I was just talking about this the other day in a separate post.

9k listing for a norlins era guitar that has never sold over 6k, probably worth 4.5k pre pandemic. Listings are 6 months old and no sales in 5 months. Think prices might be too high?

I emailed the shop today, they said selling for a client and guitar is out of the shop with him in the studio. So he's still recording with the gear he wants to sell?

This has to be someone that doesn't want to sell but will if some idiot pays twice it's fair market value. I told the shop to tell me if he's a real seller and I'll make a real offer but it won't be above the last bubble level sale price.

Waiting to hear back...
Shit now some asshole just paid $9.9k and is gonna make hit hard to argue down the price others. He did buy the highest listed one $12.4K, but there goes my pitch to the sellers that nothing has sold for 6 month and nothing over 6K.

Couple members bitched about my metroplex gawking at the price. I hit my absolute bottom to break even which at minimum is all I was trying to do anyway. Shipping was the majority of the price - it’s around $500 to ship a large 65lbs box right now across the US.

As far as bump times daily? Not everyone visits the forum every day. Sorry if others don’t like it but they can get the fuck over it. As far as lowering the price, it depends on the item or who’s interested. I give better deals in PM than in advertisement as long as whoever is interested isn’t kicking my tires.

Reactions: Geo
I was just talking about this the other day in a separate post.

9k listing for a norlins era guitar that has never sold over 6k, probably worth 4.5k pre pandemic. Listings are 6 months old and no sales in 5 months. Think prices might be too high?

I emailed the shop today, they said selling for a client and guitar is out of the shop with him in the studio. So he's still recording with the gear he wants to sell?

This has to be someone that doesn't want to sell but will if some idiot pays twice it's fair market value. I told the shop to tell me if he's a real seller and I'll make a real offer but it won't be above the last bubble level sale price.

Waiting to hear back...

I’ve seen a few of those 9.5k listings too and they blow my mind. Maple neck LPCs have gotten a lot of interest lately but I’m not paying 10k for a production model guitar that the Gibson custom shop themselves didn’t build.

I have gotten my cherry sunburst apprised professionally with paperwork for insurance reasons and it came in at 6k. People in that range aren’t off far if the condition is great and properly refretted to maintain value.

Couple members bitched about my metroplex gawking at the price. I hit my absolute bottom to break even which at minimum is all I was trying to do anyway. Shipping was the majority of the price - it’s around $500 to ship a large 65lbs box right now across the US.

As far as bump times daily? Not everyone visits the forum every day. Sorry if others don’t like it but they can get the fuck over it. As far as lowering the price, it depends on the item or who’s interested. I give better deals in PM than in advertisement as long as whoever is interested isn’t kicking my tires.
Why does it depend on who’s interested? That’s strange. Money is money right?
I personally don’t care who buys my gear. I hope it goes to someone who plays and enjoys it.
As far as the bumping goes….that wasn’t my point. I bump my ads. But I don’t do it for months without lowering my prices. More power to you if you want to bump your #1 and only Metroplex. I’ll get the fuck over it.

Why does it depend on who’s interested? That’s strange. Money is money right?
I personally don’t care who buys my gear. I hope it goes to someone who plays and enjoys it.
As far as the bumping goes….that wasn’t my point. I bump my ads. But I don’t do it for months without lowering my prices. More power to you if you want to bump your #1 and only Metroplex. I’ll get the fuck over it.
Money is not money if I know the person well and don’t have to worry about getting screwed over or can do a deal locally. I’ll cut them a better deal than some random person I don’t know and have to spend extra on packing material and insurance to cover potential bitching that a knob is slightly crooked.

For friends here on the forum, I'll always drop a ton off of a price. Like for buds like Zachman, Buckeyedog, and many more, it is about helping a friend out and still getting enough to put towards something I want.

If I want another piece of gear, it isn't about the money. I'll sell significantly less if I have my eye on something and really want it.

Back