Axe FX. Do not want.

EWSEthan":c1wfwtyh said:
The clips on the fractal audio site didnt do it for me. Too digital sounding.

Regardless of the product being discussed - this statement always cracks me up...get back to me when you listen to any recorded sample of anything through an analog media system and then we can talk about sounding too digital ;) mp3 is digital. A CD is digital.

This is not pointed at any specific product, AxeFx or otherwise which absolutely has its digital sounding moments.

* velcro-fly *":e85hqvge said:
This is not pointed at any specific product, AxeFx or otherwise which absolutely has its digital sounding moments.

You're in the wrong thread, this isn't for fanboi's. :LOL: :LOL:

dfrattaroli":2b6c0h4l said:

Over the years I have read lifelong stories of capturing VH1's tone and IMO Dweezel did it with one little box, way close enough for me.

I just can't see getting bored with the axefx, you download all these killers patches from the website and just go nuts.

Shiny_Surface":1y521yzr said:
* velcro-fly *":1y521yzr said:

You're in the wrong thread, this isn't for fanboi's. :LOL: :LOL:

Oh man you're right. This is the " I've never seen it, played it, or been in the same room with it, but it still sucks and I dont want it " thread :LOL: :LOL:

Standard issue :rock:

* velcro-fly *":zjcar63d said:
Oh man you're right. This is the " I've never seen it, played it, or been in the same room with it, but it still sucks and I dont want it " thread :LOL: :LOL:

Standard issue :rock:

OMG you let things like that bother you? That's been going on ever since I've been on internet forums. I doubt anyone cares if their opinion doesn't meet your qualifications. :LOL: :LOL:

Shiny_Surface":2ru23bbu said:
OMG you let things like that bother you? That's been going on ever since I've been on internet forums. I doubt anyone cares if their opinion doesn't meet your qualifications. :LOL: :LOL:

Sheeit, none of this is a bother - its actually pretty good comedy how worked up people get.

* velcro-fly *":3cl48rjy said:
EWSEthan":3cl48rjy said:
The clips on the fractal audio site didnt do it for me. Too digital sounding.

Regardless of the product being discussed - this statement always cracks me up...get back to me when you listen to any recorded sample of anything through an analog media system and then we can talk about sounding too digital ;) mp3 is digital. A CD is digital.

OK, it has too much white noise and static in the gain structure.

Only modeller I liked was the Peavey BAM210..... :LOL: :LOL:
Have not tried the Ax, no desire to do so. Just geeky electronics & computer driven curiosity is all.

philb":3dmqwrid said:
I was curious to try one at the ampfest. Other than that, I'm not feeling GAS yet.

So you didnt find it competed well with the tubes amps at the fest?

EWSEthan":byv6qawq said:
philb":byv6qawq said:
I was curious to try one at the ampfest. Other than that, I'm not feeling GAS yet.

Sorry, my post was not clear. I wanted to try one but Mark (samhill) had not received his yet.

philb":ovhtn3ln said:
EWSEthan":ovhtn3ln said:
philb":ovhtn3ln said:

Sorry, my post was not clear. I wanted to try one but Mark (samhill) had not received his yet.

Ya, I just received it yesterday...it was shipped Airmail Express on April 16th....gotta love Canada Customs :gethim:

Mark

samhill":39pf0nx0 said:
philb":39pf0nx0 said:
EWSEthan":39pf0nx0 said:
philb":39pf0nx0 said:

Ya, I just received it yesterday...it was shipped Airmail Express on April 16th....gotta love Canada Customs :gethim:

Mark

Verdict?

Back