Axe fx: Soldano x88R…. Ok this rules

VESmedic

Last edited:
Sounds great dude. There's a sizzle in there that sounds especially killer.

And yeah it sounds a lot tighter and more detailed than an SLO for sure.

Man, they both sound good. As a recording tool for heavy tones that Axe is pretty undeniable. I still want amps for in the room fun but dig is there. A lot of it may come down to how you want to be a user. Twisting knobs and placing mics or delving into menus on a screen. I’m the former but the choice isn’t necessarily about sound anymore.

Man, they both sound good. As a recording tool for heavy tones that Axe is pretty undeniable. I still want amps for in the room fun but dig is there. A lot of it may come down to how you want to be a user. Twisting knobs and placing mics or delving into menus on a screen. I’m the former but the choice isn’t necessarily about sound anymore.

I love it all man! Totally agree. I love moving mics, I love real amps and cabs, and I love this thing. It’s a great time for everything guitar!

A lot of it is your playing and mixing skills. You have exceptionally good timing. I'm guessing you practiced with a metronome a lot.

You should install the latest firmware and Dyna-Cab pack. Dyna-Cabs are fun.

A lot of it is your playing and mixing skills. You have exceptionally good timing. I'm guessing you practiced with a metronome a lot.

You should install the latest firmware and Dyna-Cab pack. Dyna-Cabs are fun.

Thanks cliff! Haha, I gotta say I used to be a much, much much better player when “life” didn’t get in the way; I’m sure many of us can say that I bet. But yes I definitely used to, I don’t think my first clip portrays that’s very well but I’ll take it! When I played in Nashville every show was in ears, with a click, etc, it was the only way to do it in that environment Atleast.

I haven’t dove into the dynacabs, I will be soon though!

Alittle deathcore style clip for fun. The problem is, I get so excited about a tone dialed in that I don’t actually worry about getting everything done, editing etc. i gotta control my ADD with this thing haha! When I get this edited and done appropriately it’ll probably be pretty sick. But this goes to show you how easy it is with the axe, very very little post processing on this other than ozone and a hardware SSL style buss comp ( audioscape)

Recto red 1 model
Jeff Dunne IR’s, 57 only

Simulated a dirty tree with the parametric eq block up front. For anyone interested in how to do this, put a low shelf at 500hz, and drop as much as you want out until it sounds right, usually about 10bs is dead on.

https://on.soundcloud.com/pWZXEAR453H1SWEs8

I want an Axe FX III so bad these days. I just can't swing it though, but damn...it would make a lot of things so much easier.

Thanks cliff! Haha, I gotta say I used to be a much, much much better player when “life” didn’t get in the way; I’m sure many of us can say that I bet. But yes I definitely used to, I don’t think my first clip portrays that’s very well but I’ll take it! When I played in Nashville every show was in ears, with a click, etc, it was the only way to do it in that environment Atleast.

I haven’t dove into the dynacabs, I will be soon though!

Alittle deathcore style clip for fun. The problem is, I get so excited about a tone dialed in that I don’t actually worry about getting everything done, editing etc. i gotta control my ADD with this thing haha! When I get this edited and done appropriately it’ll probably be pretty sick. But this goes to show you how easy it is with the axe, very very little post processing on this other than ozone and a hardware SSL style buss comp ( audioscape)

Recto red 1 model
Jeff Dunne IR’s, 57 only

Simulated a dirty tree with the parametric eq block up front. For anyone interested in how to do this, put a low shelf at 500hz, and drop as much as you want out until it sounds right, usually about 10bs is dead on.

https://on.soundcloud.com/pWZXEAR453H1SWEs8

The Dynacabs are legit, man. Every time I get in my studio I find myself updating my existing presets to incorporate them because it’s nothing like the IR search, it takes seconds to get to the sweet spot. Even better, the original IR’s are still there because you can use the Legacy IR’s in Channel A and then the Dynacabs in Channel B of the cab block, so nothing ever gets lost.

It’s not a better/worse thing, but more of a “Fuck this is a LOT faster” thing. And now we got that Revv amp in there that’s pretty sick.

Back