Bands you missed completely but would have been into when they came out?

Was in HS when CT and The Cars came out.
I despised them both but recently embraced the cars. Easy fun stuff to play.

I still hate CT to the inner core of my heart.
oh god and somehow i bought the first album and still have it.

Iirc i bought it for a penny with the old TV guide membership club

Would be s good time to chuck it into the fireplace

I did like the clip from TW
 
Was in HS when CT and The Cars came out.
I despised them both but recently embraced the cars. Easy fun stuff to play.

I still hate CT to the inner core of my heart.
oh god and somehow i bought the first album and still have it.

Iirc i bought it for a penny with the old TV guide membership club

Would be s good time to chuck it into the fireplace

I did like the clip from TW

I like both - honestly the tinted windows song is so good i'm shocked that they didn't become a bigger deal at the time. Especially with all those brand name musicians in the band.
 
Was in HS when CT and The Cars came out.
I despised them both but recently embraced the cars. Easy fun stuff to play.

I still hate CT to the inner core of my heart.
oh god and somehow i bought the first album and still have it.

Iirc i bought it for a penny with the old TV guide membership club

Would be s good time to chuck it into the fireplace

I did like the clip from TW
The Cars are so good and underrated. Just a solid rock band. I'm a big Cheap Trick fan but can see how people wouldn't like them.

It is one of those things with Cheap Trick, KISS, ELO, etc, I dig the music but also it captures a great time when I was young. The music and memories all blend together.
 
The Cars are so good and underrated. Just a solid rock band. I'm a big Cheap Trick fan but can see how people wouldn't like them.

It is one of those things with Cheap Trick, KISS, ELO, etc, I dig the music but also it captures a great time when I was young. The music and memories all blend together.

I didn't have that for cheap trick and the cars, as i am way younger than that, but that style of music (colloquially known as "power pop" now) is nostalgic no matter who you are
 
I still hate CT to the inner core of my heart.
oh god and somehow i bought the first album and still have it.
In the late seventies I was at a record store and saw the Cheap Trick album with two cool looking dudes on Harleys on the cover. I thought, "man, I bet this album kicks ass!"

My mom bought me the album and I hated it.
:LOL:
 
A lot of folks might not even know that there was a completely different Genesis with Peter Gabriel on vocals before the top-40 radio Phil Collins version that they're familiar with.
What a great band. Steve Hackett was ahead of his time too.
My dad didnt know. And everything i made him listen to he said it was very good and he doesnt know how he missed them back in the day.
 
So, I was today years old when I realized that the drummer from Cheap Trick had a band called Tinted Windows with the MmmBop singer, the asian guy from Smashing Pumpkins, and the Stacy's mom bass player - this was years and years ago

I thought this was AI or something when I saw the video but

And I was absolutely gobsmacked at how good it was



I totally would have been into this when it came out, and I quite simply didn't know it existed

Anyone who enjoys power pop like Cheap Trick, the Cars, Ash, etc, definitely give this a listen

This 100% isn't RT music of course, but have you guys completely missed big bands that were right up your alley before?

The Hanson kid wrote a pretty compelling Radio City-era Big Star homage on that record too called “Nothing to Me”.
 
I just found out about Sleep Token. Im more of a deathcore or progressive metal guy, but I dig this


My middle daughter’s boyfriend loves them and I’ve tried, but other than a couple songs, their stuff doesn’t grab me.
 
I prefer this stuff over most of the music posted on this forum. Nothing I missed comes to mind.

I was on a Cars thing last month. Now I am completely into Alice Cooper Love it to Death - Muscle of Love era. I really like these types of guitar sounds.

 
1973 man.. Amazing the staying power of pretty much all 70's music..

In 2000 I bought a POS mustang for parts, and the dude never cleaned it out. It had a Cassette of BDB..
Played that thing a lot.

SICK THINGS!
 
Strapping Young Lad

Had no idea who Devin Townsend was.

Thankfully discovered him a few years later!
 
The Hanson kid wrote a pretty compelling Radio City-era Big Star homage on that record too called “Nothing to Me”.

I'm sure big star was a huge influence either consciously or subconsciously on every "power pop" band ever.
 
Strapping Young Lad

Had no idea who Devin Townsend was.

Thankfully discovered him a few years later!
I have City. I tried and tried but couldn't get fully into it. Maybe I should try again
 
Back
Top