Baron K2- CLIPS INSIDE!

lolzgreg

Baron%20K2.jpg

Okay guys. This amp may be the best amp I own. The clean channel is great (no time to make clips yet) and the lead channel can get into REALLY high gain territory. The various different controls on the amp allow you to really pinpoint where you're heading with the mid frequencies. The dampening switch for the power amp really does a lot, and you don't need to use a tubescreamer for this baby to be tight (though so far I still prefer it with one).

First impressions are that this thing is the best amp I have ever played stock. It should be that way, considering it was handmade by someone who knows their stuff! I've only had about an hour to get used to this monster. Here a clips:

This is a clip of the Melodeth riff I have been toying around with:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1569935/Meltodeth Baron K2.mp3

Here is a clip of one of Kyle Odell's (raginkjinn) songs that he let me reamp and remix:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1569935/Zero System- Oceans Remix Tomatofarm.mp3

Sounds good greg :rock:
Great job on the amp Baron.. :thumbsup:

I would like to hear some clips with out the backing music..

As soon as I have spent more time with the amp, I will post better clips with and without backing tracks.

Hey man, sounds pretty good, but you are not there yet. There is some openness missing on both clips. 1st clip has some low end sounds fighting with each other & making some unpleasant boominess. 2nd one I like a lot, but it's missing some space feel. Both clips have overwhelming high mids that cause ear fatigue. I don't know what your monitoring setup is, but that's probably what's causing the issue.

so its just a guitar into a tubescreamer into the amp? sounds great. what guitars were used?

Yessir. I don't do post eq on my guitars. I like getting the tone right in front of the microphone.

It was a Dean Vendetta 3 with Seymour Duncan Mustaine Livewire pickups *I didn't love these as much as I thought; swapped 'em for Duncan Distortions yesterday night* into a Maxon OD-820 Pro into the Baron into a Mesa 4x12.

damn that amplifier records great, it sounds great too, a one of a kind.

i still love listening to the clips, great playing and mixing kyle/greg :rock:

one thing i want to note though on the recording, the intro tapping or synth part seems to be fighting the guitar intro for the same "sitting level" on the second clip, otherwise it sounded great.

Back