BE 100 clip(s)

Shiny_Surface

**EDIT added second video of just standard the BE mode no switches engaged (guitar and microphone placement did not change)**

Hi guys very happy to be into a BE 100 again. :)

Tried engaging the sat switch (lower volume) plugged straight in with an SM57 directly into the computer no post processing of course. :)

Video 1: BE mode/Saturation switch/C45 engaged

Video 2: BE mode - no switches engaged

Video 3: BE mode (no switches engaged) - boosted with Boss EQ pedal

Do you think it sounded too top-endy? I was going to re-record it as it sounded more full in the room than what the mic was picking up.

I also had the C45 switch engaged, which added some top end I believe...

I liked the tone without the switches engaged. So, I suppose the answer for me is "yes, it was a bit top endy".

What changed between 0:04-0:06 and the rest of the second video? That tone sounded thicker than later in the video.

I always have difficulty getting the tone I hear in the room onto tape..er, 1s and 0s.

Thanks for the comments, appreciate it. :)

The beginning of the video is the raw camera mic, after that you're hearing the SM57 on the Greenback replacing that camera audio feed. I do that deliberately so you hear the raw camera at the very beginning and then the miced tone. The miced tone is raw as well, no post processing or anything just straight into the computer.

3rd and last video added in the OP up top. :)

Standard BE mode no switches boosted with my Boss EQ.

I have to admit this one was the funnest to play only because it helped with the lower volume.

And I want to stress the base voicing is fantastic, but the boost just enhances it as lower volume imo. :) The HBE mode does a similar boost, but using the Boss EQ allows me to shape the tone a little more so it's a nice option to have I think.

Not all that different than than boosting my SLO with a Boss SD-1 at low volumes (imo).

:rock: :rock: my BE100 should be ready by this weekend...I'm stoked, and your Akira rhythms are awesome.
We used to play "In this world beyond" as well :thumbsup:
Oh, and I'm also an SLO owner who's been known to throw an Xotic SL/Boss SD-1/Maxon OD808 in front of the crunch channel :yes: :yes:
Great stuff!
m.
PS - I posted on your youtube clippage ;)

Shiny_Surface":m1u26btf said:

Do you think it sounded too top-endy? I was going to re-record it as it sounded more full in the room than what the mic was picking up.

I also had the C45 switch engaged, which added some top end I believe...
bright? no way - listen to Akira's versions...OMFG...lol!!!
could be the mic'ing or the mic pre's but Max Norman had him wayyy up in the high kHz :LOL: :LOL:

I really liked the first video the best, but they all sound great. Compared to other amps similar, its really hard to get a "bad" sound out of the BE100. It's one of those amps that anyone could operate and crank out a great tone.

I've grown VERY fond of the SAT switch for home playing. It's just so easy to play at home with the SAT switch for me. For jamming with my band I always like the straight BE with no mod switches engaged, seems to fill out the band more especially in a 3-piece band.

I also started off playing with my Splawn 4x12 (best in-house made cabs for the price). I eventually got a Friedman 4x12 new at a great deal and it's improved the Friedman tone and was worth it. I tried my Splawn with same speaker setup and it's great, but still like the Friedman 4x12 with the GB/V30 combo. Either way the amp sounds amazing through any cab I've tried.

Back