before you consider buying an item from 80sglamleftover...

goldwing68nv

DONT! :thumbsdown: here's why...

it starts here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=82743&hilit=fs+jet+city

so i buy this $200/shipped jet city 20w head & cab,send payment immediately and now...the wait! i get ONE message about a day after i paid for the amp and the seller says that he will get the amp/cab sent out in the next day or two and e-mail me the tracking number(as i requested).....days go by,no futher response back from the seller.a whole week goes by,still no response back even after sending another PM to the seller and also shooting him a direct e-mail.no response.about 10-12 days go by,then finally,i get a surprise knock on the door from the FedEx delivery guy.it's a BIG box,so i'm thinking it's gotta be the damn amp head & cab.it was.........................ok,so the good news: i DID receive BOTH the jca20h amp & matching 1x12 cab,as promised..........bad news: the seller shipped both items together in a real large box with air-filled packing bubbles BUT the amp and cab were sitting BARE next to each other so as you can imagine the front of the 1x2 cab's outer edges have rubbing scars,a good sized spot where the tolex is torn thru and a little damage to the grillecloth material....all the seller had to do is at least put each item in a large plastic bag to shield one from another during movement in shipping :doh: also,one of the amp head's bottom rubber "feet" are broken off.the sheet metal screw is sheered clean off.the rubber foot is in the shipping box though.the rest of the amp head is fairly clean,a few minor tolex rub marks here & there.the cab took most of the beating on the front side.too bad the backs of each item werent facing each other.who cares if the back has some cosmetic damage,right? also,the packing was about 3/4 of the box being "filled up".that of course,left room inside for the head & cab to move/shift around,bumping into each other the WHOLE way here...otherwise,both items function 100% from what i can tell.the seller listed the stuff as "in new condition-played only 15 minutes".i can believe that was prolly true before it got boxed & shipped. :no: unfortunately the carelessness of the seller shows in his packing abilities AND his responses back to PM's.the once $200 great deal here is no longer the case.i bought the gear on the premise that is was to be in near minty shape.wrong! ...................all i can say is that no matter HOW GOOD this guy's other classifieds may appear,i'd STAY AWAY and look elsewhere for used gear...btw,i sent ONE pm to the seller about how i received the gear....guess what,NO RESPONSE BACK! wow,what a surprise :no: :LOL: :LOL:

here's some pics of what i received:
https://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z19/ ... CN0558.jpg
https://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z19/ ... CN0560.jpg
https://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z19/ ... CN0559.jpg
https://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z19/ ... CN0565.jpg
https://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z19/ ... CN0562.jpg
https://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z19/ ... CN0563.jpg
https://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z19/ ... CN0564.jpg

seeing that this is only the 2nd time i've been burned with "damaged/dishonestly described" gear in over 400 ebay transactions and about 50 purchases here,i guess it's not TOO bad compared to what other horror stories i've read/heard about..........anyways,this is all i will say about this matter.

-Ned

Sorry to hear that Ned. Seems like a lot of this going around lately. If someone sells something cheap, doesn't give them the right to pack like shit. it should be packed to arrive in the condition described in the add. :thumbsdown:

tonmazz":2asev8mc said:
Sorry to hear that Ned. Seems like a lot of this going around lately. If someone sells something cheap, doesn't give them the right to pack like shit. :thumbsdown:

+100 :gethim:

tonmazz":7p7tede8 said:
Sorry to hear that Ned. Seems like a lot of this going around lately. If someone sells something cheap, doesn't give them the right to pack like shit. :thumbsdown:

i agree,Tony....i realize we're only talking 200 bucks here,fortunately for me,but it is CRAP! :D ....i just mainly wanna WARN all the forum bro-hams so that no one else is burned by this guy!!!

Man, I am sorry you got put out by some one dishonest. :cry:
I took a look a few times and I say, the cab minimum was never mint, like new.
that kinda damage looks like it came from a careless user. :doh:
I think the guy [liar] got your money per,
wanting money for what he could get,
and felt no need to have any Fk'n integrity,
to do what is right and ship the items correctly.
The shipping job you received is in line with a box of clothes you get from the goodwill stores. The only good news in this is, with the set up the amp and cab has ,
recovering the cab and amp head shell would be a lot easier,
since they have corner protector covers. ;) If it is even worth it to you , depending on what they are worth in mint condition and the costs for suplies. :yes:

does this not make the 4th or so case on rig-talk within 3 weeks?

ive been here a while, not as long as some others, but this is the first time ive ever heard of this ON A GEAR FORUM.

i mean i would expect some of this on ebay, but with other forum members towards each other?!?!?!?!

if you cannot afford to pack the shit right, do not bother packing or selling at all. if you cannot learn to communicate, do not bother to sell at all.

uncle ned - sorry you got screwed over on your head and cabinet....by the looks of it you would think they have been gigged heavily on 2-tours across america. hell my 5150 cabinets dont even look that bad.

at least it wasnt a more expensive combination and at least they work.....but that is besides the point.

IMHO - id work towards a full refund and then ship it back in the same manner he shipped it to you.

to the seller - that was pretty god damn stupid to package it the way that it was done. talk about cutting corners....... :gethim:

danyeo":19w7zy3x said:
I wouldn't deal with that guy after his piss poor packing job on the DSL he sold. No excuse for that bullshit.

yeah,i only wish i would've seen the DSL thread about the packing issues/amp condition BEFORE i pulled the plug on the jet city head/cab :doh: oh well,ya win some,ya lose....hopefully little-to-none :yes:

glpg80":3gnhpyis said:
does this not make the 4th or so case on rig-talk within 3 weeks?

ive been here a while, not as long as some others, but this is the first time ive ever heard of this ON A GEAR FORUM.

i mean i would expect some of this on ebay, but with other forum members towards each other?!?!?!?!

if you cannot afford to pack the shit right, do not bother packing or selling at all. if you cannot learn to communicate, do not bother to sell at all.

uncle ned - sorry you got screwed over on your head and cabinet....by the looks of it you would think they have been gigged heavily on 2-tours across america. hell my 5150 cabinets dont even look that bad.

at least it wasnt a more expensive combination and at least they work.....but that is besides the point.

IMHO - id work towards a full refund and then ship it back in the same manner he shipped it to you.

to the seller - that was pretty god damn stupid to package it the way that it was done. talk about cutting corners....... :gethim:

yep,this guy's a real winner.

Do this ^because it will be treated like this. \/ :shocked: Imagine your $5000 Fortin getting a fucking like this.

guys - these need to be put into the buyer feedback section of the forum otherwise it does no good to help anyone else in the future. that is where everyone searches for buyer/seller feedback on people in the classifieds - its what it is there for.

just re-iterating a point everyone probably already knows but it does no good to say it here and not also in the feedback section :)

Back