Best Boost Pedal

Yehuda

Everyone always talks about amps a ton- what is your favorite boost pedal, and why?

Feel free to list out multiple if you feel inclined

Probably my Wizard Leopard.

As for why: I like how it doesn't excessively cut lows and/or hype upper mids. You can use its gain control to fine tune the amount of saturation you want, without drastically altering your core tone or feel.

My Griffin Analog "Boris" (a customized SD-1 style) is awesome as a boost. I love the Keeley stuff and the D&M has been my favorite for years but im really digging the new Keeley Super Rodent and Blues Disorder pedals. Can't wait to try them out at practice.

1710448013122.png

This moment it’s a KoT clone, Archer Clean, Secret Preamp and a Thorpy FX Team Medic. Different amps like different flavors. The TM is wicked badass—has a gain push with a separate combinable clean boost, 3 band eq and it’s QUIET. I think they discontinued them, I recommend. Goes great in front of a Marshalls, Marks, SLO. More like a tweakable EP boost than a TS9.

I have run through so many boosts and OD's that I can't even count them. Still have 8 variations, but at the end of the day, the SD1, original KoKo, and a TS9 will do everything I need just by switching them up depending on the amp.

Original Klon Centaur Silver
Thorpy Team Medic
Fortin TS808
Fulltone OCD V1.1
TC Electronics Integrated Pre (doesn't sound filtered or cardboard-y like the Dirty Tree)
Vintage Ibanez PQ-401
'70's Furman PQ3 (first version)

EQ Only:
Boss GE-7 for most level boosting / EQ sculpting
Peppers Dirty Tree for more aggressive bass cutting / treble boosting

Clipping:
RAT if I want some extra drive / gain staging along with cutting lows

Back