Best hi-gain pedal into clean amp?

Stratboy151

ive been outta the pedal loop for awhile. i have a gig im doing and building a small 3-4 pedal board for it, prolly just delay, od, tuner, or something along those lines. ive been looking at the mi audio tubezone, the fulltone ocd, the suhr riot. anyone have experiences with any of these or maybe another recommendation?

price range and tone your aiming for?

i know heavy ass fuzz / muff esque pedals but other then that im not much help

however i did have an OCD and it was a pretty sweet overdrive / gain pedal. thats one i regret trading away but i traded up with it so i couldnt say no. :LOL: :LOL:

Stratboy151":3fosazz5 said:
ive been outta the pedal loop for awhile. i have a gig im doing and building a small 3-4 pedal board for it, prolly just delay, od, tuner, or something along those lines. ive been looking at the mi audio tubezone, the fulltone ocd, the suhr riot. anyone have experiences with any of these or maybe another recommendation?
I have the Suhr Riot and if you are looking for really heavy, it is a good choice. If you want something more Plexi/JCM800ish, I highly recommend the Lovepedal Purple Plexi. I have both and love them for different things... I use both with a dead clean Princeton Reverb clone...

The OCD is not what you are looking for if you are gonna use a clean amp. The OCD is for goosing an already distorting amp if you ask me...

Steve

The Suhr is awesome. Also, consider Wampler's Plextortion and Ecstacy Drive pedals.
I really like the Xotic BB and BB+, too.

Primakurtz":3u1j7kru said:
The Suhr is awesome. Also, consider Wampler's Plextortion and Ecstacy Drive pedals.
I'm boost junkie, and and Xotic BB is one of my favorite pedals too. Their AC booster is also a pretty kickass pedal IMO, if it's going to be used as a standalone OD.

Tonefreak's Severe is a cool pedal. I heard one through the clean channel on an Uberschall. I did not know the Severe was being used until after.

psychodave":169dj7ld said:
http://metalpedals.com/www.metalpedals.com/Bomb_Shell.html

Damn thats a really natural sounding pedal....one of the better sounding clips I have heard.

+1 on the Wamplers... great tones and he has a very versatile model range. From AC30 to Rectifier, depending on what you´re looking for. Not super-expensive, either.

Erock":2272gvnz said:
Primakurtz":2272gvnz said:
I'm boost junkie, and and Xotic BB is one of my favorite pedals too. Their AC booster is also a pretty kickass pedal IMO, if it's going to be used as a standalone OD.

Gotta agree about the AC Booster. It's great as stand alone, but tends to get lost when used as a boost in my setup.

Back