Best picks

So I have been playing with all the picks. Right now, believe it or not, The V pick Screamer is winning. It took awhile to get used to that big of a pick. I like the thickness, but it is one of my longer/wider picks. But the material is perfect for fast picking, and once you figure out the right grip, you can do anything with it. I can effortlessly move from fast trem to full chords with this thing.
Haha things kinda flip flopped for us. The Screamer was literally the only pick I'd been using for 14 years or so, but lately for playability I've still been liking most the Attak Stealth 2.0. I can play faster/more efficiently with it than the Screamer, but maybe it's specific to our hands or technique style. Soundwise I've been liking these Howling Monkey's most and they might be my 2nd favorites in playability, but I still play better on the Stealth 2.0. If Howling Monkey made a pick like the Stealth it would be perfect for me. I agree also they do have a sound like nails and this is coming from someone that's primarily a classical guitarist lol

Haha things kinda flip flopped for us. The Screamer was literally the only pick I'd been using for 14 years or so, but lately for playability I've still been liking most the Attak Stealth 2.0. I can play faster/more efficiently with it than the Screamer, but maybe it's specific to our hands or technique style. Soundwise I've been liking these Howling Monkey's most and they might be my 2nd favorites in playability, but I still play better on the Stealth 2.0. If Howling Monkey made a pick like that it would be perfect for me. I agree also they do have a sound like nails and this is coming from someone that's primarily a classical guitarist lol
You might ask Howling Monkey for a custom pick afaik

Yeah maybe. Would be great if they could that. They still play very well for me as is, but the Attak Stealth 2.0 still plays easier for me
Haha things kinda flip flopped for us. The Screamer was literally the only pick I'd been using for 14 years or so, but lately for playability I've still been liking most the Attak Stealth 2.0. I can play faster/more efficiently with it than the Screamer, but maybe it's specific to our hands or technique style. Soundwise I've been liking these Howling Monkey's most and they might be my 2nd favorites in playability, but I still play better on the Stealth 2.0. If Howling Monkey made a pick like the Stealth it would be perfect for me. I agree also they do have a sound like nails and this is coming from someone that's primarily a classical guitarist lol
Yeah. Believe it or not, i have been giving each pick its due and was almost thinking the attack pick was best, and then out of nowhere the screamer just started doing it for me.

The howling monkey is unique and great. I would put it and the brass huffshmid brass in the same tier.

The swiss picks are very nice, also. Definitely worth a try and i will continue using them.

Tortext 1.35 and 1.5 make up the fourth tier as these are the baseline of what a good pick should be. Probably put the huffschmid torlon here too. Love that pick.

The hawk picks look really nice but dont work at all for me. Mine is tiny and has no texture on it.

Yeah. Believe it or not, i have been giving each pick its due and was almost thinking the attack pick was best, and then out of nowhere the screamer just started doing it for me.

The howling monkey is unique and great. I would put it and the brass huffshmid brass in the same tier.

The swiss picks are very nice, also. Definitely worth a try and i will continue using them.

Tortext 1.35 and 1.5 make up the fourth tier as these are the baseline of what a good pick should be. Probably put the huffschmid torlon here too. Love that pick.

The hawk picks look really nice but dont work at all for me. Mine is tiny and has no texture on it.
The Screamer I still like a lot too. I find the Small P model by V Pick seems to work best for me of their line-up and then the Screamer 2nd best for me

I haven’t heard of Swiss, but will have to try them. Some of their models are expensive

The Tortex’s used to be my go-to’s back in the day, but once I got into V picks and other picks I couldn’t go back to them anymore lol

You can order holes in them

I use the green Dunlop tortex .88mm picks because that's what Hetfield uses (or at least used to) and he can't be wrong. They gotta be vintage though.

I'm sure I'd already mentioned it somewhere sometime between the birth of this thread to now, but - using the same ones since I got introduced to them some 10+ years ago. JazzIII

Back