Best sepultra album

Arise, Chaos AD, Beneath The Remains in that order. Really three great albums. Awesome riffing and vocals all around. It's a tie between Arise and Choas AD for best, Arise being the most brutal, Chaos being the most well produced and conceptually refined, really the maturity record.

Agree 100% on all points. They fucking ruled at that time.

You guys should check Igor's YouTube series "Beneath the Drums".

I like Chaos A.D. It's gotta good combination of thrash and groove oriented riffing. The grroves in that album are badass and the production is pretty good.

The boys will be playing BTR and Arise in the woods of Southern Illinois in September. Checkout Full Terror Assault Open Air fest. I’ll be there.
IMG_0008.png

Last edited:
I'd probably have to say Chaos A.D. That's the album that got me into them. I have a lot of fond memories of my early band days linked to that album - jamming parts of those songs at band practice and the drummers I knew all trying to play the intro to Territory. Fun times. After that, it would be Arise and Beneath the Remains in no particular order. They totally lost me at Roots, though lol. Thanks Korn lol. Nothing I heard after Roots did anything for me either, with the exception of their latest album, Quadra. That's a great album imo.

Usually I'm dead set against re-recordings of older material but I'm looking forward to this. Igor is drumming like a beast again and I believe this has Daniel Gonzalez on guitar (Possessed, Gruesome). He recently toured with Cavalera, it sounds like him and there's no way Max can play this tight anymore lol.

Usually I'm dead set against re-recordings of older material but I'm looking forward to this. Igor is drumming like a beast again and I believe this has Daniel Gonzalez on guitar (Possessed, Gruesome). He recently toured with Cavalera, it sounds like him and there's no way Max can play this tight anymore lol.

Danny is a beast. He needs to learn a bit about tone tho. Hung out with him for while a couple of months ago. He’s a monster player and a true gentleman. He was playing a Mark v and it was so ice picky it was almost un listenable. His tone was not so great during the Gruesome and Possessed set.

Used chaos ad for tonights workout. It passed the test. Tomorrow is arise. Then saturday will be beneath the remains. Their tone is insane! I dont know if guitar can sound any better

Used chaos ad for tonights workout. It passed the test. Tomorrow is arise. Then saturday will be beneath the remains. Their tone is insane! I dont know if guitar can sound any better

im surprised you never got into them before, so many classic songs. Propoganda is like the perfect metal song

im surprised you never got into them before, so many classic songs. Propoganda is like the perfect metal song
I havent been into real metal for long. So i run into bands on accident. Their tone just kills so i wanted to check out more of them.
I didnt really understand thrash and death until i saw it live. Felt it. Makes way more sense that way

I havent been into real metal for long. So i run into bands on accident. Their tone just kills so i wanted to check out more of them.
I didnt really understand thrash and death until i saw it live. Felt it. Makes way more sense that way

Ah, I understand now. They are literally one of the most influential metal bands ever, beneath the remains started the whole Scott burns produced tampa death metal thing, roots kinda pushed nu metal.. that line up back then is metal royalty

Back