Beyond Painful...

Well sure, no worries comrade (my apologies if you're not, not meaning to besmirch anyone by my presumptions)........and also I always expect some dissent/pushback from anything I post, anywhere, anytime.

Sometimes it get ugly.

I do my best to stay out of the mud, but sometimes it's unavoidable. And I believe a little nasty interaction (as long as it doesn't get too personal) from time to time benefits the hell raiser in a cathartic way. Venting a little "steam" if you will, or angst is healthy for the spirit. Just be smart about it. Pick your battles (if that's what it happens to be) wisely and don't be afraid to lose. It comes with the territory.......metaphorically speaking.

I can honestly say I truly dig this venue and all the people I've had the privilege to interact with. Sure it's not the same as "face-to-face". But what the hell? As far as I know this is one of the few places left online where you have a moderate amount of "free speech". And I say that respectfully because someone pays the bill to keep this presence alive. They have every right to limit what goes on here as they see fit. Their actions define them. I'm grateful for the path they have chosen for the present. I'm sure it could change at anytime.

It still leaves me astonished that it functions as well as it has/does. "Hats off" as they say to the owner(s) and moderators.

Again, much of my rambling is persuant to my personal opinions, observations, or perhaps more succinctly labeled "world view". One of the multitude. I'm just a micro-spec in the macrcosm of life. I'm nothing remarkable in anyway. Just another commoner. Another hapless clod plodding my way through life grateful for what life has allowed me, and at times wondering why I've been allowed to prevail in this world while so many "close to home" have not in the past 3yrs. When I'm thinking......every day above ground is a good one!

While I get somewhat dismayed and aggravated at what I call "extremism", I quietly empathize and understand the plight of the participants. And even though I believe we are all accountable to ourselves in the end (although some chose not to be anyway all the way to their ultimate demise), the extremism I view today in the USA is not ultimately unique, or new per history.

When the electorates needs and desires are not being met by the duly elected, those needs become more important than the system of government designed to do so. As absurd as this analogy may appear to others........it is not unlike the bonding of slightly dissimilar materials in electronics on a moderate scale. On example being the bonding of P-type silicon material that has been doped with impurities to provide a "hole" in its chrystaline structure. The hole being a pseudo-depletion of a valence electron leaving it at 3 instead of 4, thus making its potential "positive" . The N-type material has impurities doped within that provide a additional valence electron, thus making it "negative". When the aforementioned are abutted, a electrostatic barrier between the two ensues.

The aforementioned barrier potential is akin to our constitutional checks and balances of power as manifested in the functioning (or dysfunctioning....as it were) of the Executive, Judicial, and Legislative branches. The N-material is akin to the political party in power, with the most potential power when the majority politically is of the same party in the Exectutive, Judicial, and Legislative branches. The P-material is akin to the minority power. The impurities doped thereto the P and N material are akin to the moderate base. Under a moderately well designed device, utilized within its operating parameters, when the P-material is excited with a positive potential, and the N-material is excited with a negative potential, the barrier potential acquiesces. Electron current flows. Life is good.

When the aforementioned materials are excited with opposing charge (i.e.......P-material excited with negative potential, N-material excited with a positive potential), the electrostatic barrier widens and no electron current flow occurs). The barrier potentials strength and effectiveness is dependant upon the presence of impurities in not only number, but proper placement with in the chrystaline.

However, the electrostatic barrier has it's limits. When a large enough dissimilar potential occurs at either or both, the electrostatic barrier potential is overcome and collapses allowing either current flow in the opposite direction and/or distruction of the device.

Under normal operation, the device's chrystaline impurities decay and diminish over time, and the device is less effective. Eventually it fails. The device fails sooner under harsher conditions.

I view this country as the aforementioned device. I view it at the precipice of failure, staring into an evil abyss. What to do? That is the highly contentious and rhetorical question of the day.

Perhaps it can be said the cycle is close to rebirth except we are not fighting mother England, but ourselves. Slowly dying as a country. The best days in the rear view mirror.

I sure as hell don't have any answers, only humble observations.

And therefore, at least of the moment, I waffle between conservative extremism and centrism as far as this great constitutional experiment called USA. Of one mind I say, hell no we have to fight, we have to be loud, we can't let up. We have to be in the face of the opposition. Whatever it takes. That minds heart goes out to the MAGA constituency and all participants of JAN 06. The desired outcome was not achieved. The heartfelt martyrism not appreciated and met with ridicule, scorn, and petulance. Unless we were there, we'll never know all the facts, nor have the big minds eye picture. I don't agree with what they did, but I don't hold them in contempt for it either. The politics of the day put many behind bars for it and continues to under the guise of overt "sedition".

There has to be a better way. Brute force did not work. Really....that's mostly what I'm trying to say. I fully expect scorn, ridicule, and all manner of vitriolic, invective piles of shit heaped upon me. So be it. Go for it. I'm not fighting anyone on this, not that that matters. It doesn't. I dig this forum and all I've interacted with to date.

And sorry for painting with too broad a brush @Picasso. My bad.
A good morning to you.

My first response is no, I'm not a comrade. I'm a clear and fair thinking individual who happens to hold a US passport.

Yes, this off topic area and what we say is remarkably sensible and well kept generally. I'd say it's an example to all other boards whereby free speech re political and religion should be more allowed. Suppression causes angst and ambiguity of intention, ultimately boards will fail because of it.

When I hear USA first that's a violent red rag to a bull to me because that's what got us into the mess we're in. USA first, when it doesn't affect in any way or denigrate any other country, I full support it. As we know, and as history has recorded, it's USA first at anyone's expense and we always leave a trail of destruction in other country's backyards yet we won't tolerate anyone in our country's affairs in the slightest.

A very detailed post by you and I can see your metaphors that get you through what you observe. We do what we need to in order to experience, adapt and move onward which is hopefully forward.

You say you don't have the answers but I'm gonna put my cock on the block and say what I believe to be the answers or solutions and they're very easy if honesty and transparency can actually be delivered and most importantly sustained by our leaders. It will never happen because we're still corrupt to the core today as all news headlines blaringly show us each day.

We need to fully close and secure our borders, we need to pull back all OS manufacturing, we need to stop any and all resident immigration for at least 5 - 7yrs. We need to completely pull out of any country or foreign organisation immediately. We need to completely update our infrastructures across the entire nation. We need to ensure our education systems are actually academic learning and not social re-engineering. We need parents to be responsible and action the continual moral upbringing of their children. We need to rebuild the entire legal system as it's corrupt and not consistent anywhere. Death penalties are carried out immediately and not drawn out for years. One appeal and that's it. These actions will strengthen us 100 fold and by being absent from the world stage we'll be stronger than any other country should they decide to physically challenge us in the future. Charity and self well being begin at home.

You mentioned I may be a comrade, funny thing is some of the above is what Putin and Russia have been quietly doing for the last 20yrs and trust me when I say this, they're far stronger and more capable than anyone and nobody in the west knows or cares to admit it publicly. USA first is a cultist brainwashed chant today given our current health card.

Not with RINOS or pedo dems around.

America First! 🇺🇸
My new term for the RINO's is political hermaphrodites and various assorted deviants.

The apex specimen being Mitch McConnell.......yet to be fully determined Kevin McCarthy.

Like Sars Co v2, fitting parallels in epidemiology can be drawn.

Let the imagination run unabated!!

Cry me a river ghosts of Republican legislators past.....Boehner.

Give us another Gingrich and matching caucus.

January 6th was about years and years of frustration built up. If you really think about it, the left controls pretty much everything including the brainwashing news that is fed to the gullible people on a daily basis. Other than January 6th, please tell me how many “right wing” groups have protested with violence, destruction, mayhem, etc. over the last several drcades? BLM, Antifa, even those hippies, whatever you want to call them, have been doing this shit for years. January 6th wasn’t even remotely close to these past events and those on the right who compare are just completely naive.

America First! 🇺🇸

I have the same beliefs and morals I did since growing up in the 80’s, if that makes me extreme, I’ll totally accept it.

America First! 🇺🇸

January 6th was about years and years of frustration built up. If you really think about it, the left controls pretty much everything including the brainwashing news that is fed to the gullible people on a daily basis. Other than January 6th, please tell me how many “right wing” groups have protested with violence, destruction, mayhem, etc. over the last several drcades? BLM, Antifa, even those hippies, whatever you want to call them, have been doing this shit for years. January 6th wasn’t even remotely close to these past events and those on the right who compare are just completely naive.

America First! 🇺🇸
Of course.

Thing is though.....it didn't help the cause long term. But the emotional inflammation prevails and is a hindrance/distortion to clear tactical thinking and planning.

Last edited:
I only know what you tell me and that goes for everyone.
Much of humanity craves order......unfortunately the world is not a binary place regardless of how much some want it to be, unless that's all one chooses to see.

Jewish proverb; "we do not see things as they are, we see things as we are."

I have the same beliefs and morals I did since growing up in the 80’s, if that makes me extreme, I’ll totally accept it.

America First! 🇺🇸
Should be not necessarily a pejorative, nor a badge of honor.

The other thing is, one firm set of beliefs, juxtaposed aside todays has little if any parity.

JFK would not be considered Democrat by todays standards. In my minds eye neither slick willy.

USA first only when it doesn't affect in any way or denigrate any other country, I full support it.
Well of course, but it never goes that way with the global powers enmasse.

The flaws of humanity. We often can't help ourselves from ourselves.....even when we try.

We need more than "good faith" and "artificial integrity".

Well of course, but it never goes that way with the global powers enmasse.

The flaws of humanity. We often can't help ourselves from ourselves.....even when we try.

We need more than "good faith" and "artificial integrity".
And this is why I said it will never happen. My post clearly stated that.

Reminds me of the oxymoron "military intelligence".
Most people today don't fully read postings from top to bottom, they glance over them and assume they get the intended message. The devil is always in the detail as any contract lawyer will remind you of.

I'm a rarity today as I do read every word because I want to actually know everything written and most importantly, it's the polite and respectful thing to do. You write a long post and you want people to read it fully as you put time and effort in which should be recognised. With that said, you are obliged to do the same when others post their messages and you attempt to read them.

When quoting proverbs please don't show what nationality they originate from as it's irrelevant if the proverb stands up.

Yep..........the rot prevails precipitously in US politics....."the cats outta the bag, genie out of the bottle, top of pandoras box lost, camels nose under the tent".....those old tired axioms immediately come to mind.

The hydra cometh and I lost my machete, or wait for it.......perhaps that should be symitar?

I feeeeeeel a Paul Pelosi moment ensuing.

Most people today don't fully read postings from top to bottom, they glance over them and assume they get the intended message. The devil is always in the detail as any contract lawyer will remind you of.

I'm a rarity today as I do read every word because I want to actually know everything written and most importantly, it's the polite and respectful thing to do. You write a long post and you want people to read it fully as you put time and effort in which should be recognised. With that said, you are obliged to do the same when others post their messages and you attempt to read them.

When quoting proverbs please don't show what nationality they originate from as it's irrelevant if the proverb stands up.
You're a good man. Do I offend you by stating so?

I am what I am, and ain't what I ain't.

I will change me and what I do when I want to.

Not when you want me to.

You're a good man. Do I offend you by stating so?

I am what I am, and ain't what I ain't.

I will change me and what I do when I want to.

Not when you want me to.
You continually prove you're not what you purportedly say you are. There's a regular lack of consistency and I know why which is not for this board to be discussed on. I'm not trying to change you or anyone else and if you believe that please carry that burden and publicise it as programmed.

This thread has now reached "Beyond Painful" for me so this is my last entry into the thread. I appreciate nobody will be worse off nor miss that I don't so everyone is a winner.

Back