Bogner 3534 Red Channel

MetalMike117

Hi everyone,

I picked up a Bogner 3534 a few months back and I love the Blue Channel but find the shared EQ challenging for the Red Channel.

Any suggestions on a boost or OD that you all have tried that vibes with the 3534? I have tried Klon type and a Friedman Buxom Boost. Curious if you guys have tried anything that can get into metal territory on the Red Channel.

Thanks !

When I had one I always ended up using the onboard boost for both channels, it sounded better than the pedals I tried.

I think the key with the red channel is turning the gain down. There’s too much on tap and it also contributes to the noise people complain about. I kept it around 10’ o clock and onboard boost depending on what pickup I was using.

Another trick I discovered with this amp was put an EQ in the loop, it turns it into a beast.

Does the new 3534 XTC blue channel has more gain on tap than an early 101B with MM trannies ?
IMO no its closer to the 20th Blue maybe a bit more , but does not quite do that 101b blue thing , unless you are talking about the new 3435 50 watt that I don't know

Back