Bogner Ecstacy 3534 noisy fx loop

Hey guys
New to this forum but not to tubes amps or Bogner
I recently purchased a Ecstacy 3534 and it has a extremely noisy fx loop
Is there a fix out there? It's a fantastic amplifier but it's loop is killing the amp for me.
I never had a issue with the 100w version but this one is not good.
There's a few threads out there saying it's noisy but nobody has any ideas how to sort it.

So is the a mod or fix out there

Cheers

Sorted it I took out the fx loop and did my own fx loop. Dead quiet.
Basically wired my own fx loop into their , I'm a guitar and amp tech so I got rid of their noisy loop and wired in a basic series fx loop.
You loose the white noise totally.
You also lose the assignment of fx loop to different channels, but to me that was kind of useless.
All gain and volume come from the gain and volume controls on the front.

The rest is the same as it was it's just usable now. With no noise.

fast forward to about 20 minutes into the vid .... this guy has some issues too

I had the 3534 ....... sold it

I did notice the guy in the video has the blue/red channel volumes around 10:00 and Bogner had told me to initially set the effects volume low (start at just below 9:00) and then set the blue/red channel volumes between 12 and 2 to keep it quiet (and loud) and it worked well for me, if I wanted the amp to be loud but not have the white noise.

It was dead quiet and I could definitely make it get pretty loud by turning up the blue/red channel volumes more without adding the white noise.

However, I did prefer a lower volume on the amp since I would play it at home and I didn't want to disturb the family :)

I spoke to Jorge at Bogner he told me to do exactly the same thing.
Personally I don't think it was a good design. I don't think they should have released it with this issue with the loop.
I removed the Bogner loop and put in my own fx loop that I build into my own custom amps. It solved the issue and the amp is now usable.

I spoke to Jorge at Bogner he told me to do exactly the same thing.
Personally I don't think it was a good design. I don't think they should have released it with this issue with the loop.
I removed the Bogner loop and put in my own fx loop that I build into my own custom amps. It solved the issue and the amp is now usable.
Amazing! Would be into modding other peoples amps? I love my 3533 except the hiss in the loop.

No mate took it out , full of chips and fetts.
Simple series fx loop works a treat.
I personally thought the fx loop volume and fx assign was gimicky at best
Where did you place the send/return for the loop in the circuit? What voltage are you running to yours (or is it passive)? I've installed a few active loops in single channel Marshall style amps, but not a multi channel one.

*Thankfully my 3534 doesn't have noise in the loop, but I agree the effects assign feature is useless (for me anyway)

Sorted it I took out the fx loop and did my own fx loop. Dead quiet.

Basically wired my own fx loop into their , I'm a guitar and amp tech so I got rid of their noisy loop and wired in a basic series fx loop.
You loose the white noise totally.
You also lose the assignment of fx loop to different channels, but to me that was kind of useless.
All gain and volume come from the gain and volume controls on the front.

The rest is the same as it was it's just usable now. With no noise.
Would you sell me a an fx loop to put it mine? I can’t find anyone to fix it locally and I’ve got experience doing mods and all that. I contacted Granger Amps for an fx loop and left a message and they never called me back. Please help

Ok any suggestions of what I could do or get an fx loop or even a schematic of what I would need to buy to remedy the issue? The amp is useless at this point the way it is.

Back