Bogner Ecstasy 101A anniversary Detailed Playthrough

belensky

Hello. Here is not really quick but very detailed playthrough of my Bogner Ecstasy 101A 20th Aniversary. Some time ago I recorded similar demo of Early 90's 101B, but this Anniversary is definitely different amp. To me it's more vintage and sweet sounding. Being Bogner, I think this amp is as eccentric as Reinhold Bogner Himself, the sound is unmistakable, very alive, open, and just very fun to play. In the begging I had hard time to dial amp, but 10 minutes of manual reading helped a lot. Basically Ecstasy can sound like anything, but a bit overwhelming at first glance, therefore I went through all knobs, and some sound examples. it's quite long video but I have timecode attached, so you can go to interested part. Throughout whole video I played Gibson Les Paul 1959 Reissue with Throback DW102 PAF pickups, Bogner 4x12 Cab with Greenbacks, Royer R121 and AKG C414 mics. There is also Eventide Eclipse that gave a bit of plate reverb, and delay that was added later in mix, so it does not load down fx loop of the amp, that was disengaged during recoding

Quite a bright sizzle for an XTC. Are you hearing that in the room or is that condenser mic contributing? Thanks for posting, always enjoy vids like this.

Quite a bright sizzle for an XTC. Are you hearing that in the room or is that condenser mic contributing? Thanks for posting, always enjoy vids like this.
very likely both and bright pickups on Les Paul, also it might be sizzly on it's own, but in mix it works better than more dark sound.

Back