Bogner Uber Ultra

I don't have $3K laying around right now for one of these but you guys are giving me serious GAS.

I'm curious, what happens if you do the Treble on '0' thing? Does it open up more or does it literally just turn the treble all the way down? I know on some Marshalls, my Splawn and even some Rectos this works really well. Never played a Bogner sadly :(
That works on the XTC blue channel. I Jack the presence and then lower the treble to be barely on. Super aggressive and huge bottom end. Can’t speak for the UU or U.

So with the density maxed the power amp is the most “restricted” sounding to me. The high end becomes a bit dark and the amp is less forward sounding. It almost works the opposite way of what you would think. With the density set low around 9 o’clock the amp sounds more wide open and aggressive to me. Great tones can be had either way I guess it depends on the guitar and cab.

Density at 1:00 seems like a good compromise between rawness and tightness to me. Actually I've also found that Pres and Deep around 1:00 (Hair mode) works pretty well across the board. For more scooped tones, Hair+ and higher Pres and Deep help.

I feel you've really got to setup those power amp controls and then stop fiddling, otherwise you'll go around in circles when adjusting the channel controls.

As for the cocked wah thing, yep that's not a bad description of Ultra mode. There could be some treble peaking in the circuit doing that, but I suspect it has a lot to do with the aggressively filtered low end. It's certainly a cool sound, but Uber mode on either channel is my favourite tone on this amp.

Density at 1:00 seems like a good compromise between rawness and tightness to me. Actually I've also found that Pres and Deep around 1:00 (Hair mode) works pretty well across the board. For more scooped tones, Hair+ and higher Pres and Deep help.

I feel you've really got to setup those power amp controls and then stop fiddling, otherwise you'll go around in circles when adjusting the channel controls.

As for the cocked wah thing, yep that's not a bad description of Ultra mode. There could be some treble peaking in the circuit doing that, but I suspect it has a lot to do with the aggressively filtered low end. It's certainly a cool sound, but Uber mode on either channel is my favourite tone on this amp.
For an extreme amp the amount of tones available is pretty nuts.

One thing i like to do is Uber mode in channel 2 with gain max or close to max for a (transparent) boosted feel.

Wouldn’t be possible with my other Ubers without being a flubby mess. Tight + Focus and Metamorph gives you that kind of flexibility.

And because I know how much you guys love it when someone spams their 'content'...

(Yelling) Don't forget to smash those buttons and let us know what you think in the comments!

Going for a shorter, simpler format for this round of videos - hope it's useful to some of you.

And because I know how much you guys love it when someone spams their 'content'...

(Yelling) Don't forget to smash those buttons and let us know what you think in the comments!

Going for a shorter, simpler format for this round of videos - hope it's useful to some of you.

Sounds killer dude. I know the amp was designed with the uberkab which has 16 ohm v30s, so it makes sense it would respond to the v30s in your collection that have a bit more bite. Definitely was curious how it sounds with the k85. Good stuff!

Sounds killer dude. I know the amp was designed with the uberkab which has 16 ohm v30s, so it makes sense it would respond to the v30s in your collection that have a bit more bite. Definitely was curious how it sounds with the k85. Good stuff!
Thanks man. It's kinda cool with the K85, maybe next time I'll remember to include a clip!

Awesome clip, very well made!

Back