Boss GX-100 is killer!

bikerdude2

With a few rehearsals under my belt, I’m super impressed! Using it this weekend for a private event. So nice to have a bunch of great tones at your feet with easy setup. GX-100, into a Quilter Powerblock 45, into a pair of a Bogner cubes! Even seems to clean up well with the guitars volume knob. Good shit for a old man like me. It’s a great time to be a guitar player!

Sounds like great setup! I’m interested in the gx100, but mainly as a pedalboard for an amp. Have you tried it in 4CM with anything yet? If so, what did you think?
I haven’t, as I am happy with the amp models. The other guitar player does with his GT100 and it sounds great as a effects unit.

I’ve really liked this thing since it came out as it helps alleviate some of the buttons and menus that keep me away from an all in one unit. It sounds good enough to me and I’m sure in 4CM it rips.

I personally feel like I’d use this more over my PCM81. I don’t own one but I’d like to check one out.

Going to use it at a private party this weekend. Have it set up simple. 4 channels/bank..low gain, high gain, lead tone, and a processed clean. To me, it “feels” like a amp.

Another rehersal tonight and still amazed. Worth checking out!
I just want effects only. I assume it has an on-board EQ? Do you use it? That would let me ditch my EQ pedal I run in the loop as well.

I'm surprised the advanced features didn't jack the price up. Last I checked it was same price as the GT-100. I figured they'd start blowing those out.

I haven’t
I just want effects only. I assume it has an on-board EQ? Do you use it? That would let me ditch my EQ pedal I run in the loop as well.

I'm surprised the advanced features didn't jack the price up. Last I checked it was same price as the GT-100. I figured they'd start blowing those out.
done a deep dive, because I’m not a high tech guy. But it does have a global eq, which is cool. Say you do some eq at a gig, and you play the room a lot. You can save it, so you can recall that setting next time you play the room.

Back