'Bout time for a rig update for my fellow gear-whores @ RT..

Chris O

Went from this:

To this:

Guitar Center is blowing out the Line 6 DT50's right now, and I still regret the day I sold my DT25 head, so I took the opportunity, traded my Carvin, and snagged the DT50 head. Awesome amps - if you haven't tried one out, you should. It's NO Spider, that's for sure!! I downloaded the 2.0 upgrade, so right now, it has the Plexi100 BRT, Park 75 BRT, JCM800, Soldano SLO Crunch, Soldano SLO Lead, Mesa Recto, Engle, and one of the L6 originals in the preamp. I kept the Eleven Rack too, since it sounds so damn awesome with the MosValve. Selling the Pod Pro and Floorboard. They're a dime a dozen anyway, and I'd probably just grab a bean anyway...love those damn things...

Anyway, I'm running one of the Zoom MS-100BT's in front of the amp, so that I can use the ODs, Distortions, etc., to push the front of the amp, and grabbed a second one (used) for the time based effects and modulations in the loop. These pedals are SUPER cool. Check them out if you are one of those people who likes to tinker with different effects. You can put up to 6 pedal models in a string! All in all, a very cool setup. The EVH cab was for sale locally on CL, so I snagged that for a song. It still isn't broken in! Just a hole in the grill-cloth, but no biggie. Sounds BIG, and gets PLENTY loud for a bedroom rocker.

Fun stuff. I keep going backwards... ;) While I really liked my Kemper and AxeFx rigs, I (dare I say it) like this more!

I picked up a Line 6 DT50 head as well the other day :rock: Really taken back on how good the recto model sounds. Ton of options on this head to mess around with.

nothingeined":1hko3xo4 said:
I picked up a Line 6 DT50 head as well the other day :rock: Really taken back on how good the recto model sounds. Ton of options on this head to mess around with.

The Recto is truly remarkable on this amp...that's what sold me on them in the first place. I'd almost buy it for that alone! :LOL: :LOL:

Chris O":2n3yk32g said:
Went from this:

To this:

Guitar Center is blowing out the Line 6 DT50's right now, and I still regret the day I sold my DT25 head, so I took the opportunity, traded my Carvin, and snagged the DT50 head. Awesome amps - if you haven't tried one out, you should. It's NO Spider, that's for sure!! I downloaded the 2.0 upgrade, so right now, it has the Plexi100 BRT, Park 75 BRT, JCM800, Soldano SLO Crunch, Soldano SLO Lead, Mesa Recto, Engle, and one of the L6 originals in the preamp. I kept the Eleven Rack too, since it sounds so damn awesome with the MosValve. Selling the Pod Pro and Floorboard. They're a dime a dozen anyway, and I'd probably just grab a bean anyway...love those damn things...

Anyway, I'm running one of the Zoom MS-100BT's in front of the amp, so that I can use the ODs, Distortions, etc., to push the front of the amp, and grabbed a second one (used) for the time based effects and modulations in the loop. These pedals are SUPER cool. Check them out if you are one of those people who likes to tinker with different effects. You can put up to 6 pedal models in a string! All in all, a very cool setup. The EVH cab was for sale locally on CL, so I snagged that for a song. It still isn't broken in! Just a hole in the grill-cloth, but no biggie. Sounds BIG, and gets PLENTY loud for a bedroom rocker.

Fun stuff. I keep going backwards... ;) While I really liked my Kemper and AxeFx rigs, I (dare I say it) like this more!

I saw Paul Pesko using a DT on Live from Daryl's house. He was getting some great tones out of it.

Welp...like all things, this amp sounds better with Greenbacks!

I guess I just don't like ANY cab that has a Celestion with the term "30" in it. The EVH's G12H-30's had too much mid for my taste. Not quite to the level of V30's, but approaching it. I just happened to be out and about, and came across a Marshall 425A with G12C-25's in it - basically a custom Greenback. I thought, "Wow - this looks a lot like the one I had about 3 or 4 years ago." I plugged into it, and it sounded good with another L6 amp, so I looked on back - ORANGE duct tape! It WAS INDEED my old cab! Grabbed it...and won't let it go this time.

Shoot Chris. Thought this was a thread to show amps. Shoulda read more careful. Haha. Didn't mean to high jack a fellow Minnesotan. Yup. Quickrod.

PS. I was happy with the Vikes' draft picks.

crwnedblasphemy":1ur7uvo1 said:
Shoot Chris. Thought this was a thread to show amps. Shoulda read more careful. Haha. Didn't mean to high jack a fellow Minnesotan. Yup. Quickrod.

PS. I was happy with the Vikes' draft picks.

All good - show away!! :thumbsup:

Who are the Vikes? :confused:

:LOL: :LOL:

Friedman PT 20 just added.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 578
Back