Brand new unloaded 4x12s for under $300?

The ad states birch plywood so it could be decent. " Sound Town 4x12" Empty Guitar Speaker Cabinet, Birch Plywood, Black Tolex, Wheat Cloth Grill, Compatible with Celestion/Eminence Speakers (GUC412BK-EC) "

I'd like to see pictures of the inside and know more about the construction. Is it internally braced? 3/4" or 1/2" plywood? Butt, rabbet, dovetail joints?

I just finished building a cab around that size and spent a little over $250 on everything not including speakers and at least a full week's time building. So if it's 3/4" ply and solid construction I'd say it's well worth the price. If it's 1/2" ply and sloppy joints.... hard pass.

If I were making cabinets out of 3/4" plywood, I would proudly write that in the product description.
There is no screw in the middle of the back panel.

4x12:
Screenshot 2022-09-28 13.58.46.png

And this is 2x12:
Screenshot 2022-09-28 13.59.22.png

I'd like to see pictures of the inside and know more about the construction. Is it internally braced? 3/4" or 1/2" plywood? Butt, rabbet, dovetail joints?

I just finished building a cab around that size and spent a little over $250 on everything not including speakers and at least a full week's time building. So if it's 3/4" ply and solid construction I'd say it's well worth the price. If it's 1/2" ply and sloppy joints.... hard pass.

Aren't most cabs 5/8" plywood? I think my Peavey Butcher cab is 3/4" because it weighs a metric shit-ton.

To be fair, as far as lumber is concerned everything is slightly thinner than the stated thickness. But that's industry standard. 3/4" is actually 21/32"

Back